1/144 Popeye/HAVE NAP missiles?

Not sure if Monokio ever did them,but I did stumble across these afew weeks ago when researching possible loadouts for the GWH B-52G.

https://mindustry.base.shop/items/45914896

I have no idea if they are any good,but I'm very tempted to contact them and order a set.

cheers,

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 12:36 PM, mungo1974 said:

Not sure if Monokio ever did them,but I did stumble across these afew weeks ago when researching possible loadouts for the GWH B-52G.

https://mindustry.base.shop/items/45914896

I have no idea if they are any good,but I'm very tempted to contact them and order a set.

cheers,

Gary

Gary & Chris,

I just about ordered one set of four AGM-142 missiles & two pods (800Yen) from the Japanese website, but almost choked on the shipping (2400Yen). So, I went ahead and upped my order to two sets of missiles / pods for (1600Yen) plus the same (2400Yen) shipping.  So I may offload one of these sets. My statement says $36.89, so $18.45 per set. Plus the Monkio 1/144 AGM-142 decals (for three missiles & one pod) from Hannants (on sale for $4.44 each) means that I had to buy three.  So one complete set of missiles / pods set is running $25.11. Ouch!  I know that I will probably have the Hannants order within a fortnight, no telling when the Japan order will arrive.  

K/r,

Dutch 

Chris, roger all! Will let you know when they arrive.

From the website, please see the following description. Note the last few instructions following the "*please note" at the bottom. This is CNC routed parts from ABS plastic, not 3D printed or resin cast.  Also, can't use enamels to paint it.

1/144 AGM-142 Have Nap (air-to-ground missile) + AN / ASW-55

¥ 800 tax included

Shipping fee is not included. More information.

It is a kit of 1/144 scale "AGM-142" (air-to-ground bomb) + AN / ASW-55 (data link pod).
The product content is "AGM-142" 4 units (total length 33.5 mm), AN-ASW-55 2 units (total length 22.4 mm) The

guidance method is inertial guidance, infrared image, camera image method, from the launcher. It is guided by the data link pod of.

AGM-142 seems to be the name of (POP EYE, commonly known as Popeye) in IAF (Israel Air Force) of IDF (Israel Defense Force), and AN / ASW-55 is the name of AN / AXQ.

Images 1 and 2 show that each part is separated from the frame, deburred, assembled, and then surfacer painted.
Images 3 and 4 show all parts painted with a surfacer. (Parts state, 14 pieces in total)
Image 5 shows the product state with surfacer coating.
Image 6 is the material color of the product state.
Images 7 and 8 are 3D data when all the parts of "AGM-142" are assembled.
Images 9 and 10 show the parts status of the parts. Please refer to the positional relationship and assembly.
Images 11 and 12 are 3D data of "AGM-142" seen from the front and back. Since the angle is different from the middle wing and the rear wing, it is not a data error.
The red blocks in images 13 and 14 are the parts left for convenience of processing. Please cut it off when assembling.

※please note.
This product is a machined product made of ABS resin by CNC (machining center).
It is not a 3D printer output product or a silicone mold casting.

This product is in a kit state, and the purchaser needs to perform work such as deburring, assembling, and painting.
Each part can be glued with a model adhesive (thing that can be ABS).
Also, there is no problem if the painting is not enamel type.

a2728d6247c5d25bdd823aee2eba3fd5.jpg.c58bb32f702df7b33032bb951113fda5.jpg

Edited by Dutch
On 11/16/2021 at 11:59 AM, Gator52 said:

I discovered this decal set, but have yet to run across missiles to put them on…is there a kit with HAVE NAP or an aftermarket option for these missiles?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/monokio-ed44029-pop-eye-agm-142-and-an-asw-55-decals-set--1095413

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

Please look at the Monokio decal sheet on both SCM and on Hannants.co.uk. How many AGM-142 and how many AN/ASW-55 data pods can be decalled from one sheet, do you think?  I am not sure what the yellow, black, red decal stripe (#3) is for.  I don't see those markings in the actual photos.  Only a yellow/gap/red stripe mid-section. I just want to make sure I have enought to go around.  It may be that one stripe decal is enough for two missiles?  I see three Rafael logos per one set of decals, so possibly two for missiles and one for the pod, according to the instruction sheet? in that case, I will need four decal sheets.  I know that the AGM-142 is a large missile, but in 1/144 scale these decals are going to be tiny!    I'd be interested in your thoughts.

K/r,

Dutch

Edited by Dutch

Chris, Have Naps have arrived!  Wow! That was super fast from Japan.  So I will forward one set to you. No instructions are provided, so download whatever you need from the website or what I copied above. He also threw in 4x AN/AAQ-33 pods, so I cut off two for myself.  Will be in the mail tomorrow.  I have emailed you a photo. K/r, Dutch

Edited by Dutch

Herb Arnold,

Very smoothly!  I used Paypal. Postage was by EMS (more expensive, but very quick) because the old SAL option is no longer available. Mr Hamana is very accommodating and informative.  He is even aware of this ARC Forum thread.  Tell him I sent you.  I would try to find the Monokio decals first, as they are more rare now. 

K/r,

Dutch

Edited by Dutch

Dammit Dutch you're gonna make me order aset or two of these and try and hunt down the decals.

Knew I should have just reached out to the gentleman in Japan weeks ago when I first stumbled across his page.

So which B-52G/H units were trained to drop the AGM-142.

cheers,

Gary

12 hours ago, mungo1974 said:

So which B-52G/H units were trained to drop the AGM-142.

B-52G: I believe just the 34 BS at Castle AFB (though assigned to 366 WG at Mountain Home AFB)

B-52H: after Gs were retired, the Hs were gradually modified for AGM-142 (and JDAM, WCMD, etc) fleet-wide throughout the mid 90s/early 00s.  The 20 BS at Barksdale was the lead squadron for AGM-142 under the RAPID EIGHT program.

Chris