Weld-on #3 acrylic glue

Weld-on #3 is GREAT!  I've been using it since the Reagan era.  It literally melts and fuses the 2 joining surfaces, minimizing the need for putty after gluing.  Several times, I have found the joint to be stronger than the surrounding plastic.  Plus the capillary action allows you to place a drop on the seam and it will draw down the full seam length.

Warning though, if you get a drop on a surface, like a wing, etc., DO NOT TOUCH IT.  You will leave a fingerprint in the plastic.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, crackerjazz said:

Glad I saw this thread.  Im having a hard time applying Kristal Klear on my 1/200 747 window openings without making a mess and they end up wrinkled and not very clear.  

YOu might want to try Elmers Clear School Glue in place of Krystal Klear - it's a thicker glue, and easier to work with to fill window openings, and it dries VERY clear.

• 3 weeks later...

Either Weld-ON #3 works fine on plastics.  Reminds me of the old Amroid thin cement that I was using until they went away and I found this.  Use it on all my plastic models for over 10 years now.  I'd be leary of using it on clear parts, as it will eat into them as fast as the other plastic.  You can use one of the tiny tube dispensers like a "toucn 'n flow".  I would recommend G _ S watch cement for sticking on clear parts. It sets up pretty quickly and can be smoothed with rubbing 90% alcohol

when dry.

Ed