1/48 CT-114 Tutor

Here is my latest completion. Hobby Crafts 1/48 Tutor with some of Uncle Bills Resin pieces added. I used Tamiya paint and the kit decals were actually Very good. Not the easiest kit and I had to walk away from it for for awhile but in the end I'm happy to have it on the shelf with my other Canadian subjects. Cheers

DSC01870.JPG

DSC01876.JPG

DSC01879.JPG

Nice clean work.    Between yours and my Tutor post, it is interesting to see the relative strengths and weaknesses of both the HobbyCraft and Belcher Bits kits.   I have yet to build a HC version, having built two Belcher examples.

Cheers, Tony

Thanks

Years ago I saw the Belchers kit  at BC Shavers in Victoria just before HC released their kit but haven't seen another one in a looong time since. Both kits are long gone now but who knows maybe another manufacturer will take the plunge and do an up to date 48th Tutor. Cheers Ray

• 3 weeks later...

Great work,

Have this kit also with the Uncle Bills upgrade set. Like I said I hope someone makes a 3D kit.

Nice to see Builds that are not snowbird...... not that I dislike snowbirds.

Cheers,

Emil

Thanks Emil

Your lucky to have that Uncle Bill's set, it really makes a difference especially the nose clear piece, it is a much superior shape.  I'd like to see a new Tutor from another company for sure.  I've got the CF-105 with the North Star Resin and Master Casters stuff so that will keep me busy enough before another Tutor comes along. Cheers Ray