Black Friday Deals?

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn’t impressed much with the various sales from any of the retailers, although I did not be up finding a couple good kit deals on Amazon. Sprue was tempting but every kit I was interested in was out of stock (and I had to spend $200 to get a 20% discount) and as it was model kits only, once I got past the 5-6 kits I was looking for I stopped looking. I also didn’t like that all purchases went towards the $200 but only the kits were discounted. Why not just discount everything? Fill your cart to $200, get 20% of your cart. That I probably would have done.

13 hours ago, Charlie D. said:

I wasn’t impressed much with the various sales from any of the retailers, although I did not be up finding a couple good kit deals on Amazon. Sprue was tempting but every kit I was interested in was out of stock (and I had to spend $200 to get a 20% discount) and as it was model kits only, once I got past the 5-6 kits I was looking for I stopped looking. I also didn’t like that all purchases went towards the $200 but only the kits were discounted. Why not just discount everything? Fill your cart to $200, get 20% of your cart. That I probably would have done.

Typically, it takes a 20% off sale at Sprue Bros to even make it worthwhile.  I live in WA state and get charged 10% sales tax from SB.  Meanwhile, I can go over to scalehobbyist.com and get items for the same sales price as SB and only pay a flat shipping rate of $9.95 and no sales tax.  That all being said, I was able to score two high priced kits that ultimately saved me ~$45 vs. buying from scalehobbyist.  It really depends on the exact item.

As for other sales I took advantage of:

Reskit - 25% off

Phase hanger - 20% off

Flying leathernecks decals - 20% off

Reid Air - 30% off