Eduard WWI versus Wingnut WWI Subjects?

Hey All,

I have what may be a stupid question.  First, I know that the Eduard WWI plane models are 1/48 scale and the Wingnut Wings models are (were?) 1/32 scale, so there is a huge difference in the basics of their models.  However, having never built a WWI airplane, I am wondering, from those who have built both a Wingnut and an Eduard WWI airplane (and, ideally, the same subject airplane) whether they think the Eduard versions are worthy of comparison to the WIngnut planes, taking, of course, the scale difference into account.  I think 1/32 models are  really cool, though I have not built one as an adult (I did a number of them when i was a kid), but I don't have the space to display 1/32 airplanes anyway.  But I'm curious how well the Eduard 1/48 planes hold up in terms of engineering and detail.  I'm sure that there are Wingnut kits still out there in the world if one should desire one, but I'm also sure they are quite pricey.  So, what do folks with knowledge of both have to say?

Having never owned a WNW kit, I'd still say apples and oranges. I've built a number of Eduard WW1 subjects. A lot of them came relatively early in the company's run with 1/48, so they're nothing like as refined as recent releases, and, like all Eduard stuff I've ever handled, they're plenty fiddly.

Having both WNW and Eduard version of Fokker DVII, hard to compare, if even fair trying to......but, if size is an issue, go for Eduard, you shouldn't be disappointed.

But Seawinder is right, the older ones are more short-run like...but a few completely retooled to latest standard, as SSW DIII, can be confusing .... this is the one to purchase : https://www.hyperscale.com/2015/reviews/kits/eduard8256reviewbg_1.htm

( Roden's 1/32 attempt is not that good.....proof size doesn't always matter )

There is also a few offers from Cooper State and Gaspatch ( Salmson 2A2 ), quality looks exquisite, but probably more intended for experienced WW1 builders.

Maybe an Eduard's Fokker Dr1, for a first try, pretty simple build and almost no rigging on this one.

having built a few Eduard kits and have a couple of WNWs  in the stash; no comparison.  WNW all the way for fit detail and engineering.  The size is only detriment that I can surmise.  You may get more opinions if this thread was moved to the 'Classic" pre '39 Forum where it truly belongs

Tony