New Tool Su-25 from Zvezda 1:48

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just released images of the brand new Zvezda Su-25 kit in 48th scale. This is the first look at the kit. Imagine that as always these photos will be used on the box. 

If looking at Zvezda release strategy in the past years then I would expect the kit to be in the shops very very soon, few weeks!

There is are six paint scheme options including of course four Sovier/Russian, and one each Czechoslovak and  Bulgarian.

Surface details are there, but from this images it is not possible to see if all the rivets present on the CAD images have been tranformed on to the plastic. I hope so!

Looks like as always the decal is printed by Begemot.

2apOu4q.jpg

TjdKgKt.jpg

R2piXKv.jpg

BDn3yFr.jpg

9p1sxTP.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

30 minutes ago, Solo said:

You mean Russians still killing Ukrainians and occupy parts of their country.

This is plastic scale modelling we are talking about on this forum!!!!!!!! Why do you need to mix in politics?

We have more than enough problems in the world already, there is absolutely no need to do this!

Already a “slightly” nationalistic modeller from another country suggested that the best version of this kit will be from their own producer with new decals in a rebox of the Zvezda kit.

There are so many takes on this story but for the moment I believe we should be concentrating on the actual plastic parts.

Paint scheme options are hundreds for the Su-25, this is only the first kit out. I am sure there will be many to follow with other schemes. Everyone can find what he/she likes, be it from independent decal producers or later releases.

Had a closer look at the photos and the rivets are actually there on the back end of the fuselage as they should be and the way they were shown on the CAD images. It will be interesting to see close-ups of the real plastic surface eventually.

At least this time Zvezda did not go the “Cheap way” producing a completely featureless plastic kit (like the Mi-24) and letting modellers add what they want both inside and on the outside. We will still have to see what the cockpit is like on this Su-25.

There are some photos out of the nose gear and it is a little gem on it own!!!

On this test build/packaging illustration    kit there is just one mistake by the company builder, the engine exhaust features that central tube which was on later versions. At least it shows that there are some extra parts on the sprues for later released versions. This should be good news.

Best regards

Gabor

18 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

This is plastic scale modelling we are talking about on this forum!!!!!!!! Why do you need to mix in politics?

We have more than enough problems in the world already, there is absolutely no need to do this!

Already a “slightly” nationalistic modeller from another country suggested that the best version of this kit will be from their own producer with new decals in a rebox of the Zvezda kit.

There are so many takes on this story but for the moment I believe we should be concentrating on the actual plastic parts.

Paint scheme options are hundreds for the Su-25, this is only the first kit out. I am sure there will be many to follow with other schemes. Everyone can find what he/she likes, be it from independent decal producers or later releases.

Had a closer look at the photos and the rivets are actually there on the back end of the fuselage as they should be and the way they were shown on the CAD images. It will be interesting to see close-ups of the real plastic surface eventually.

At least this time Zvezda did not go the “Cheap way” producing a completely featureless plastic kit (like the Mi-24) and letting modellers add what they want both inside and on the outside. We will still have to see what the cockpit is like on this Su-25.

On this test build/packaging illustration    kit there is just one mistake by the company builder, the engine exhaust features that central tube which was on later versions. At least it shows that there are some extra parts on the sprues for later released versions. This should be good news.

Best regards

Gabor

Some people just can’t help themselves.

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Youre right Dave, its difficult to ignore when somebody you have known all your life gets killed in the street while they were out shopping for food.

Regardless, this isn’t the place for it.  It just starts slap fights when someone from the “other side” chimes in.  You and Solo, and whoever else, can have have the discussion about who did what to who and who’s right or wrong via PM.  The rest of us don’t need to see it.

Edited by Dave Williams
16 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Regardless, this isn’t the place for it.  It just starts slap fights when someone from the “other side” chimes in.  You and Solo, and whoever else, can have have the discussion about who did what to who and who’s right or wrong via PM.  The rest of us don’t need to see it.

I fully agree with you Dave. Youre preaching the the choir with me.

I merely state that maybe there are reasons why a Russian company doesnt add decal options for Ukrainian jets.

4 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Best regards

Gabor

I've been wanting to have this kit in 1/48 as much as I wanted the Su-57, but didn't proceed in buying the latter upon learning that final product was "too empty"; I hope this one will not end up on that same criticism.

34 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

The lack of raised detail on the Mi-24 was disappointing.

Certainly. Not sure if Trumpeter will provide a more detailed alternative, still waiting for a proper review. It does have rivets, but not raised ones.

It does seem that Zvezda Su-25 has some raised rivets in the rear part, but I'm hoping for significantly more detail overall compared to their Su-57/Mi-24 kits (cockpit, wheel bays, etc.).

31 minutes ago, ijozic said:

Certainly. Not sure if Trumpeter will provide a more detailed alternative, still waiting for a proper review. It does have rivets, but not raised ones.

It does seem that Zvezda Su-25 has some raised rivets in the rear part, but I'm hoping for significantly more detail overall compared to their Su-57/Mi-24 kits (cockpit, wheel bays, etc.).

It does and its nice, at least the parts look nice in the box as Ive not actually built it but the thing about the Hind end of the Mi-24 is all the raised details.

When you see one in the flesh you realise its a bit rough n ready, like most aircraft are.