New Tool Su-25 from Zvezda 1:48

The people who complain about no cockpit detail, are the people who will replace it with a Quinta set anyways same way they did even with the nice GWH Flankers and Minibase Su-33 cockpits too. Flat cockpit saves Zvezda development and saves you people removing the detail that you not gonna like anyways 😉

That's some really nice surface details! I can live with the spartan cockpit, since there'll probably end up being plenty of aftermarket available. But it really begs the question, why the heck didn't they do the Hind this way?

5 hours ago, joeltc said:

That's some really nice surface details! I can live with the spartan cockpit, since there'll probably end up being plenty of aftermarket available. But it really begs the question, why the heck didn't they do the Hind this way?

This is a million dollar question. 

Actually at the time Zvezda considered that the Hind as it was made is: 

1. good for the starter modellers and cheap for them to buy.        ie. larger sales and good return on investment

2. the so called "Pros" will do all the rivets and cockpits anyway no matter what (lets admit this is true in most cases) the manufacturer provides so why spend money on it,

3. it will drastically reduce production costs, (there was no need for costly brass anodes with all those fine details on them.)

4. the low cost will increase sales drastically . . .

Actually Zvezda is looking at responses (even if they dont participate actively in most cases in forums) and also they did earlier make kits like the Pe-2 with nice surface details and the Su-25 was a good middle way between the Mi-24Hind reasoning stated above and a full Tamiya level kit.

In my opinion the Su-25 kit is a way to find a new ground where they can add detail to a level ( surface details and some structural detailing with opinig airbrakes and so on) acceptable to "Pros" while still keeping costs down with details like the cockpit. In most cases anyway the cockpit will be closed and the decals on the panels will be as much visible as possible., so . . .

I would look forward to this kit but the very recent political events could be a barrier in distribution in the West.

Best regards

Gabor

5 hours ago, boom175 said:

I'm sorry if I missed it, but has there been a price established for this kit yet?

Saw it on pre-order for almost 45 euro (US$50). Curious to see how sanctions will hit the sale of this kit. 

9 hours ago, Inquisitor said:

I hope they improve the molds from those test shots and polish them more to remove those tool marks.

This si a finished product! Dont expect any changes made to it.

From the morning of 24th Feb. 2022 thigs have changes completely and the distribution of kits will be questionable in near future.

Best regards

Gabor

2 hours ago, Solo said:

Frankly said, I am not going to buy anything from Russia now. Not from war criminals...

Yup, not buying anything Russian while the current regime stays in charge there and benefits from it.

Edited by ijozic
10 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

This si a finished product! Dont expect any changes made to it.

From the morning of 24th Feb. 2022 thigs have changes completely and the distribution of kits will be questionable in near future.

Best regards

Gabor

Indeed!

53 minutes ago, Petarvu said:

Well you could say the same for USA kits then...

You could indeed.
And the same goes for the EU.
They are supporting a government that took charge after a coup. The current government in Ukraine is not the duly elected one (though it is pro-EU) and it is attacking its citizens with its military. Which is why we have the problem that we have.

Edited by ElectroSoldier
11 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

They are supporting a government that took charge after a coup. The current government in Ukraine is not the duly elected one (though it is pro-EU) and it is attacking its citizens with its military. Which is why we have the problem that we have.

Mindblowing.. Quoted for preservation purposes.

16 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

You could indeed.

:soapbox:

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

You could indeed.

On November 21st, 2013 then-President Janukovitj refused to sign a trade agreement with the EU resulting in mass demonstrations and several civilian casualties over the coming months. This is also known as the Majdan revolution.
On February 22nd, 2014 Janukovitj fled to Russia and five days later (February 27th) Russian forces occupied the Crimea peninsula
With the pro-Russian Janukovitj gone, pro-Russian separatists in Donetsk and Lugansk started occupying public buildings in early March of 2014 and declared their independence from Ukraine in April 2014.
In May 2014 general elections were held, and pro-western Porosjenko was elected president with 54% of the votes. Porosjenko lost the next election in 2019 to current president Volodymyr Zelenskij. Zelenskij won the elections with a staggering 73,4 percent of the cast votes and just about all independent international observers called the elections free and fair.
How on earth does that constitute a "coup" as you call it?

Edited by Phantom726
Spelling
1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

You could indeed.

You are sick. Russia is aggressor, they invaded and attacked Ukraine. Putin is war criminal. That is all.
Hard to believe you defend Russia.

Hkr5jgW.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Solo said:

You are sick. Russia is aggressor, they invaded and attacked Ukraine. Putin is war criminal. That is all.
Hard to believe you defend Russia.

Hkr5jgW.jpeg

I dont defend Russia at all.

You misunderstand me completely if you think that.

I support a free and united Ukraine. Free from both Russian and EU influences.

The truth of the situation might be unpalatable to you but it is what has actually happened never the less, and until that truth is seen then this situation will not be sorted out.

Edited by ElectroSoldier
31 minutes ago, Phantom726 said:

By the current Russian standards, the president should be in power for at least 23+ years. Anything less than that (like e.g. Ukraine which changed 6 presidents over the same period) constitutes a coup, apparently.

Edited by ijozic
55 minutes ago, Phantom726 said:

On November 21st, 2013 then-President Janukovitj refused to sign a trade agreement with the EU resulting in mass demonstrations and several civilian casualties over the coming months. This is also known as the Majdan revolution.
On February 22nd, 2014 Janukovitj fled to Russia and five days later (February 27th) Russian forces occupied the Crimea peninsula
With the pro-Russian Janukovitj gone, pro-Russian separatists in Donetsk and Lugansk started occupying public buildings in early March of 2014 and declared their independence from Ukraine in April 2014.
In May 2014 general elections were held, and pro-western Porosjenko was elected president with 54% of the votes. Porosjenko lost the next election in 2019 to current president Volodymyr Zelenskij. Zelenskij won the elections with a staggering 73,4 percent of the cast votes and just about all independent international observers called the elections free and fair.

Ill try and take those one at a time.

The elected president decided it wasnt right for the country. He wanted a better deal, one that allowed Ukraine to trade as they wanted to and not be locked into an exclusive trade agreement. So they could trade with Russia and the EU. Because its best for Ukraine.

The elected president was then forced to flee to another country because of the violent protests.

At this point the situation wasnt just in Kiev, it was all over the country.

Crimeans felt unsafe, among others, there was no help coming to them because it was the now unelected government who was attacking them.

Other places like Luhansk and Donetsk were in the same situation as Crimea.

The unelected government decided to change some of the laws that disenfranchised voters. They got rid of their political enemies.

March 2014 elections were a joke in Ukraine. The EU said it was an open and fair election but it wasnt. Of the 45 million people in the country less than half of them voted, and that is how the win was such a landslide.

Its a suspicious victory because the country is usually pretty evenly divided. among the voters.

The devil is in the detail, because the coup de tar that you cant seem to see comes in stages, the start of which is ousting the elected president, it then moves on with changes in the law, which were made by a government that wasnt elected and ends in a general election that most people didnt want because they had a president and they could see what was happening.

Thats why the winner of the 2014 election won with such a landslide. Because 70 odd % of the voters were pro EU voters, the rest of the country, didnt vote.

If it had happened here in England I wouldnt have voted either. I wouldnt take part in an election I knew wasnt right.

Ukraine needs to change its laws back to refranchise its voters, so all citizens who should be allowed to vote can vote (because right now they cant) and elect a government they all agree on. Because right now they havent got it.

The people who are all pro European are all fine and happy because they have what they want. They have control of the country and are getting billions of euros in loans from the EU.
But while they are happy with the status quo you have a much larger portion of the country who isnt happy, and of them  some of them willing to use violent means to protect themselves from what they see as a aggressor.

Dont forget it wasnt the people who started shooting rockets and dropping bombs on cities in the eastern regions of the country.

Just because you can rig and election and win it on paper it doesnt mean you have the backing of the majority of the people, and a stable government needs that to survive and govern properly.

Edited by ElectroSoldier
6 minutes ago, ChesshireCat said:

I think it's about time for the heavy handed moderator to show his presence! I'm against the whole shebang by the way, and think everybody could conduct themselves better (east Europe). 

gary

That is exactly my point too.
neither side is right, and its Ukrainians who will end up paying for it.

Seriously? All of this is just unnecessary loss of life and something that shouldn't happen in the 21st century and you people here argue about which side is right and which one is wrong? This is a modeling forum, about a hobby that people enjoy because it lets them forget about every day life and problems and conflicts like this. So stay on topic or frack off please...