New Tool Su-25 from Zvezda 1:48

1 minute ago, ElectroSoldier said:

That is exactly my point too.
neither side is right, and its Ukrainians who will end up paying for it.

you all don't really get it!  It's not those screw ball old men that will suffer in this, it's every mother's son and grand kid. If you come out of this without a scratch, it will still be eating at you thirty years later. Nobody will come out in great condition. Even those Mothers at home will suffer (all sides). I have two grandsons over there right now (one is in eastern Poland and we have no idea where the younger one is). At least both have been in the game of mortal combat at least once, but this ain't good. This will be Dylan's third combat tour, and ready to be over it right now. The other is a newbie with just one combat hash mark.

going ask all of you to pray for PEACE!

gary

7 minutes ago, okthree said:

There are kits still made in the USA?

Atlantis still produces all of their kits in the USA. Polar lights/round 2 also produce some of their kits in the USA (usually repops of older kits, all new stuff comes out of China)

14 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

you all don't really get it!  It's not those screw ball old men that will suffer in this, it's every mother's son and grand kid. If you come out of this without a scratch, it will still be eating at you thirty years later. Nobody will come out in great condition. Even those Mothers at home will suffer (all sides). I have two grandsons over there right now (one is in eastern Poland and we have no idea where the younger one is). At least both have been in the game of mortal combat at least once, but this ain't good. This will be Dylan's third combat tour, and ready to be over it right now. The other is a newbie with just one combat hash mark.

gary

They enlisted, did they not? So going into harms way wherever that may be and whether or not you agree with it, is the chance THEY made when they took the oath. Or reupped again. We can't pick the most popular conflicts to attend. 

Now, how about we go back to talking plastic airplanes. Or you take it to a PM between you. 

Edited by ST0RM
On 2/24/2022 at 3:01 PM, ijozic said:

Yup, not buying anything Russian while the current regime stays in charge there and benefits from it.

There is one phrase that is attributed to the Nazi criminal Goebbels, coined in the second half of World War 2: "Tell the truth, only the truth, but not the whole truth." The media tells you only part of the truth and carefully hides the other part, which completely changes the meaning of the first. I am absolutely sure that you do not know the whole truth about all the events in Ukraine that have taken place over these eight years.
So there is no point in thoughtlessly waving these slogans that are as loud as they are frankly stupid here. Better focus on your hobby

6 minutes ago, dinozavr said:

There is one phrase that is attributed to the Nazi criminal Goebbels, coined in the second half of World War 2: "Tell the truth, only the truth, but not the whole truth." The media tells you only part of the truth and carefully hides the other part, which completely changes the meaning of the first. I am absolutely sure that you do not know the whole truth about all the events in Ukraine that have taken place over these eight years.
So there is no point in thoughtlessly waving these slogans that are as loud as they are frankly stupid here. Better focus on your hobby

Bravo!!!

You support bandit country which invaded and attacked innocent Ukraine. Exactly like Hitler invaded and attacked Poland. Hitler also accused Poland of assault on german radio station at Gliwice. The history is a b***ch...
That is argument.

Edited by Solo
22 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

gary

🙏🙏

23 hours ago, drake122 said:

Seriously? All of this is just unnecessary loss of life and something that shouldn't happen in the 21st century and you people here argue about which side is right and which one is wrong? This is a modeling forum, about a hobby that people enjoy because it lets them forget about every day life and problems and conflicts like this. So stay on topic or frack off please...

in the game of mortal combat each side is right in their eyes. Yet thirty minutes after it's all said and done; no side is exactly right. I think it's time for a fast trip to the good old woodshed for a good whipping

gary

23 hours ago, Solo said:

If your son is in easter Poland, so it probably is near Zamość. People make there warm welcome to american soldiers.

he's with the 75th Rangers (unless he got traded off). His first tour was in Afghanistan attached to the 502nd infantry (75th didn't have an open slot). He came home an E5 Sargent with two Bronze Stars. The second tour was in Iraq with the 75th, and he said it was pretty much house to house on a daily basis. He made E6 on his return with two more Bronze Stars. The younger boy just got out of Ranger school when they sent him to the 10th Mountain (once again no opening and they wouldn't take him anyway). Now he went with those un-named folks out of the 18th Airborne Corp. He already has a combat tour in Afghanistan with a Special Op's unit. I know he applied for Special Forces, but he'd still be in training had they took him.

I watch his Mother turn grey and perhaps some of those political hacks in D.C. need to set in front of the TV with her!  At least she now knows the game plan, and what to send in "care packages".  I had to set down and have a long talk on what to send and what to forget about. As for being comfortable in Poland; let me explain this: He's from a very warm part of the United States (Texas), and thought he was going to freeze to death in upstate New York<g>!! He's tough (older brothers still call him a whimp), and he'll adjust. 

gary

1 hour ago, Solo said:

You support bandit country which invaded and attacked innocent Ukraine. Exactly like Hitler invaded and attacked Poland. Hitler also accused Poland of assault on german radio station at Gliwice. The history is a b***ch...
That is argument.

I sympathize with you... and pity you. Bringing newspaper headlines as an argument is somehow frivolous. If we trace the entire chain of events in Ukraine since 2014, then over the past eight years, Ukraine has become very far from innocent. And if you are talking about Hitler's provocation before the attack on Poland, then you first need to study at least a little all the history of European diplomacy from 1933 to 1939, and not refer exclusively to the non-aggression pact between the USSR and Germany.

4 hours ago, Solo said:

That is argument.

Ukraine was always divided. Anybody who thinks otherwise really doesnt know the situation there nor the makeup of its people.

In the last election there were 45 million people in the country, of those 29 million who were allowed to vote, of those 9 million voted in the current president.

Going on that basis if you get 5 people in a room then only 1 of them voted in the current president.

Unless they are all from the western regions in which case all will have been able to vote and would vote him in, while the eastern regions none would have voted if they had been allowed to vote at all of course.

Russia is playing for a very spercific outcome in this now and there is nothing the western powers can do about it because as we have seen in the last few days they are not willing to actually act, only apply sanctions, which wont stop action on the ground. And the end result will be elections in Ukraine in which all the people are allowed to vote.

Did you know that a large portion of the people who live there can only speak in Russian?

Did you know the psudo government that took over after the EuroMaiden riots changed the laws to make it illegal to speak anything other than Ukrainian in public, and mandatory to do things like request voting forms in Ukrainian?

Open elections according to the laws of the land, but those laws mean the voters feel themselves unable to vote are not open elections.

Innocent... Of what?

Edited by ElectroSoldier

Good to see some one tell the truth and not repeat what they see in the mainstream media which is nothing but lies and propaganda.  Now the SU-25 looks really nice and I cant wait to grab one when they released, been waiting a long time for it. Cheers.

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Ukraine was always divided. Anybody who thinks otherwise really doesnt know the situation there nor the makeup of its people.

In the last election there were 45 million people in the country, of those 29 million who were allowed to vote, of those 9 million voted in the current president.

Going on that basis if you get 5 people in a room then only 1 of them voted in the current president.

Unless they are all from the western regions in which case all will have been able to vote and would vote him in, while the eastern regions none would have voted if they had been allowed to vote at all of course.

Russia is playing for a very spercific outcome in this now and there is nothing the western powers can do about it because as we have seen in the last few days they are not willing to actually act, only apply sanctions, which wont stop action on the ground. And the end result will be elections in Ukraine in which all the people are allowed to vote.

Did you know that a large portion of the people who live there can only speak in Russian?

Did you know the psudo government that took over after the EuroMaiden riots changed the laws to make it illegal to speak anything other than Ukrainian in public, and mandatory to do things like request voting forms in Ukrainian?

Open elections according to the laws of the land, but those laws mean the voters feel themselves unable to vote are not open elections.

Innocent... Of what?

43 minutes ago, Solo said:

Hard to believe how many russian troll are here. You defend Putin, the war criminal. And Russia, the worst country in the world, crime country.

It is sad to look at a person who immediately closes his eyes, plugs his ears and screams hysterically when he begins to hear and see the second part of the truth, hidden from him before.

I will continue to buy Zvezda kits as the people who work there, making up the boxes, printing the decals and working the injection molding machinery have nothing to do with what’s going on in Ukraine, they are ordinary Russians doing their job. 

The ‘I won’t buy anything Russian’ attitude will affect them more than the oligarchs. 

54 minutes ago, dinozavr said:

It is sad to look at a person who immediately closes his eyes, plugs his ears and screams hysterically when he begins to hear and see the second part of the truth, hidden from him before.

image.jpeg.e14a11048dd06d79e4aca1acf822e601.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bda891e7b5d859eb2ef42a2876cc0bee.jpeg

I have seen these photos. I don’t know what kind of rocket it is and where it came from, if it was a special shelling or an accidental hit in a residential building. And I also saw the results of the deliberate destruction of Eastern Ukraine by the Ukrainian rulers and the Ukrainian army for 8 years since 2014

More photoes on https://www.google.com/search?q=разрушения+в+донбассе&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiv5OjbhZ32AhUpRkEAHZ6-AeEQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=разрушения+в+донбассе&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQDDoHCCMQ7wMQJ1C5DFi5DGDf5RtoAHAAeACAAZACiAHkApIBBTEuMC4xmAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWfAAQE&sclient=img&ei=YvEZYq-rEqmMhbIPnv2GiA4&bih=628&biw=1413&client=firefox-b-d

index.jpg.214be76911cd4d53f219996b68167ade.jpgindex1.jpg.482fc6b9385d5c68ad3b1b700d2907e7.jpgindex2.jpg.fbcf2c96cdac42a4bc2805ca9fff39c3.jpgindex4.jpg.8793460f2a39e1289930c083a5b6dd3b.jpgimages5.jpg.b6592be9574d204fa7f60963d89d8ad1.jpg

Edited by dinozavr