Jump to content

New Tool Su-25 from Zvezda 1:48


Recommended Posts

On 2/14/2022 at 8:58 PM, ya-gabor said:

Just released images of the brand new Zvezda Su-25 kit in 48th scale. This is the first look at the kit. Imagine that as always these photos will be used on the box. 

 

...

 

2apOu4q.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Maybe it is just me, and i am by no means an Su-25 expert; But does it look off somehow to anyone else? Cant really but my finger on it but it feels like the whole nose section is off? Probably just me though, as Zvezda tends to be overall accurate in the overall shape. (ignoring T-50, as that was literally actively sabotaged by Sukhoi/FSB)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Berkut said:

Maybe it is just me, and i am by no means an Su-25 expert; But does it look off somehow to anyone else? Cant really but my finger on it but it feels like the whole nose section is off? Probably just me though, as Zvezda tends to be overall accurate in the overall shape. (ignoring T-50, as that was literally actively sabotaged by Sukhoi/FSB)

Actually this model made by 3D scans of real aircrafts, so you feels is wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Berkut said:

Maybe it is just me, and i am by no means an Su-25 expert; But does it look off somehow to anyone else? Cant really but my finger on it but it feels like the whole nose section is off? Probably just me though, as Zvezda tends to be overall accurate in the overall shape. (ignoring T-50, as that was literally actively sabotaged by Sukhoi/FSB)


According to this official DOD photo. It looks fine.


maxresdefault.jpg

 

Sorry couldn't resist. 🤣

 

 

 

 

Seriously though. It looks good.

Sukhoi_Su-25_of_the_Russian_Air_Force_la

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2022 at 8:40 AM, ElectroSoldier said:

Youre right Dave, its difficult to ignore when somebody you have known all your life gets killed in the street while they were out shopping for food.

What does that have to do with building plastic models? Take your issues elsewhere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks very, very good to me. A few thoughtful touches (separate part for the intake at the base of the fin etc.), nice complement of weapons. It should be a good seller for Zvezda.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 11bee said:

What does that have to do with building plastic models? Take your issues elsewhere. 

I agree, but I can understand ElectroSoldier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3wBXkR0rJ0
Unfortunately, this is not forgotten and is not forgiven (Lugansk, Eastern Ukraine, June 02, 2014, attack by Ukrainian aircraft in the city center)
This is probably why the decal does not contain insignia of the Ukrainian Air Force

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant seem to find the instrument panel or side consoles. I guess they will be PE? The cockpit tub looks rather bare and flat on the consoles...

 

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, F-16 said:

I cant seem to find the instrument panel or side consoles. I guess they will be PE? The cockpit tub looks rather bare and flat on the consoles...

 

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Given the price point of the base kit any detail wouldnt be enough for some modellers and decals are enough for others.
Better give the base level and keep the costs down, that way you can give everybody what they want.
People who want a low price get it, people who want to add the maximum amount of details get it too because they just buy the Eduard sets like they will end up doing anyway.
I mean Ive seen people buy resin replacement parts for the 1:32 Tamiya F-16C...

 

So why bother adding to the cost?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 11bee said:

What does that have to do with building plastic models? Take your issues elsewhere. 

While taking into account that we dont discuss politics in this forum I stated maybe there is a reason why there is no Ukrainian decal option in a Russian made kit.

That is what it has to do with making plastic models.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems the front canopy is a bit off.  E.g. for the frontal window, it should not go all the way to the fuselage and should have a large canopy frame at the bottom.  Also, the sides of the frontal canopy should have a "45 degree" cutoff where it meets the lower frame:

 

https://www.stocktrekimages.com/aba100005m-A-Bulgarian-Air-Force-Sukhoi-Su-25K-at-Bezmer-Air.html

 

It's hard to tell without the plastic of the frontal fuselage that houses the canopy.

Edited by Jeffrey
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Given the price point of the base kit any detail wouldnt be enough for some modellers and decals are enough for others.
Better give the base level and keep the costs down, that way you can give everybody what they want.
People who want a low price get it, people who want to add the maximum amount of details get it too because they just buy the Eduard sets like they will end up doing anyway.

 

They could have made the main wheel bays as separate parts, too. I'm not really convinced that adding some detail on cockpit side panels plus a few more detailed parts would add that much to the kit cost, but, thankfully, the kit does have positive rivet detail, the lack of which would be rather inexcusable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

It seems the front canopy is a bit off.  E.g. for the frontal window, it should not go all the way to the fuselage and should have a large canopy frame at the bottom.  Also, the sides of the frontal canopy should have a "45 degree" cutoff where it meets the lower frame:

 

https://www.stocktrekimages.com/aba100005m-A-Bulgarian-Air-Force-Sukhoi-Su-25K-at-Bezmer-Air.html

 

It's hard to tell without the plastic of the frontal fuselage that houses the canopy.

You're right, the lower part of the windshield is really thick, based on the picture/link you have provided.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ijozic said:

 

They could have made the main wheel bays as separate parts, too. I'm not really convinced that adding some detail on cockpit side panels plus a few more detailed parts would add that much to the kit cost, but, thankfully, the kit does have positive rivet detail, the lack of which would be rather inexcusable.

It adds to the complexity of the tooling required, those small raised details take time to make and thus cost more money.

 

I would rather have the meat and bones rather than concentrate on all the trimmings, especially as I will likely replace them anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2022 at 11:45 PM, Berkut said:

Maybe it is just me, and i am by no means an Su-25 expert; But does it look off somehow to anyone else? Cant really but my finger on it but it feels like the whole nose section is off? Probably just me though, as Zvezda tends to be overall accurate in the overall shape. (ignoring T-50, as that was literally actively sabotaged by Sukhoi/FSB)

 

I had exactly the same idea. In the first picture of the built model in this thread the nose seems to be too 'fat'. Hopefully that's not the case, will eagerly await the day it comes out. Just hope real world events won't impact the availability of this kit...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Zvezda 72nd scale T50 kit was released saying "With cooperation from Sukhoy OKB". They did give drawings to Zvezda but they were intentional misinformation with completely wrong shapes. Kit designers trusted the provided info and made a completely wrong kit in 72nd.

Only after it was too late did they find out the intention of the aircraft company and the security people. It is a kit, BUT . . . it is mainly a toy of an airplane that never existed. 

 

One should always do at least a little research on their own before cutting metal. 

 

On the other hand even if you do your own research and even do a 3D scan of the real plane there could be some nasty surprises like when the Airfix desinger Tom desided that he has his own ideas what the MiG-17 should look like and did not use the 3D scan data as he should have. 

 

So what is right and what is wrong??? 

 

Best regards

Gabor

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...