Best 1/48 F-111E kit?

Here is the article about correcting the DMold intakes for installation in either kit. It was a bit easier in the Academy kit. Also, once done, you'll want to compress and epoxy the fuselage sides against the back end of the intake parts so that the top and bottom fuselage halves are even (You'll see what I mean when you get there).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9cg9bi73xeph4o/Correcting 1-48 F-111 Triple Plow II Intakes.pdf?dl=0

Edited by mrvark
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 3:28 PM, Alternative 4 said:

The fit of the escape pod into the fuselage is woeful on the hobby boss kit. Nothing that can't be fixed with a little patience, just something to be aware of.

I would still recommend it over the Academy kit which looks rather "bare" in terms of detail.

I just started playing around with this earlier this morning. I'm not really sure what your talking about, considering this is only held in place with some tape, I'd say it's a really nice fit and, gets even better with a little pressure applied. Way better than the Academy kit.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7395.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

On 12/31/2021 at 1:12 PM, mrvark said:

Here is the article about correcting the DMold intakes for installation in either kit. It was a bit easier in the Academy kit. Also, once done, you'll want to compress and epoxy the fuselage sides against the back end of the intake parts so that the top and bottom fuselage halves are even (You'll see what I mean when you get there).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9cg9bi73xeph4o/Correcting 1-48 F-111 Triple Plow II Intakes.pdf?dl=0

Thanks for the tip, Jim!