1/48 F-35C Decals

12 hours ago, Crash Test Dummy said:

Add VMFA-314 to the list, they transitioned to the F-35C over the last year.

I've got VMFA-314 covered on an upcoming sheet. Just waiting for VMA-214 and VMA-542 to make the transition before finalizing the sheet. I've also got VMFA-225 drawn.

141717111_3853436598010850_4435356353638

• 2 years later...

At the risk of being called names by certain members of this community (you know who you are), I’m still going to say I’d be shocked beyond belief if Tamiya ever does an F-35C.  There would be almost nothing in common with either of the other two kits beyond the ejection seat, so basically a completely new kit.  Just don’t see it happening.  

If you disagree with me on that, that’s wonderful for you.  Adults can have divergent opinions on things, and don’t need to call people names because of it. 

I have the Kittyhawk F-35C and would welcome a proper decal sheet. The USN is slow in onboarding the F-35C compared to the USMC and USAF btw. 

17 hours ago, B2Blain said:

Unfortunately, there is still the Kitty Hawk kit, which is OOP. C'mon Tamiya. 

actually, the kitty hawk kit is back from the dead!

i'm tempted but will definitely wait until Italeri or Hobbyboss put out theirs. or maybe Tamiya will bless us and we can disregard the rest.

Edited by annie.shikinami
15 hours ago, eraucubsfan said:

I’ve heard through a few people that Tamiya won’t be doing a “C”

Well, unless those people work for Tamiya, they really don't know. They are probably the same 'people' that swore to the almighty the ICM 1/35 CH-54 wasn't going to come to fruition. Remember, some 'people' also claimed the new Tamiya F-35B couldn't be true, because they had already released a re-boxing of the Italeri kit. 

If they don't release an F-35C, no big deal. If they do though, I'm going to have a good laugh at those that claim they won't because "Japan doesn't fly the C". 

13 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

Well, unless those people work for Tamiya, they really don't know. They are probably the same 'people' that swore to the almighty the ICM 1/35 CH-54 wasn't going to come to fruition. Remember, some 'people' also claimed the new Tamiya F-35B couldn't be true, because they had already released a re-boxing of the Italeri kit. 

If they don't release an F-35C, no big deal. If they do though, I'm going to have a good laugh at those that claim they won't because "Japan doesn't fly the C". 

2nd hand from the Tamiya people (which I know isn't necessarily fact), but I hope they do, IMHO its the best-looking one of the 3.  But we shall see...  

19 hours ago, Illu said:

At the risk of being called names by certain members of this community (you know who you are), I’m still going to say I’d be shocked beyond belief if Tamiya ever does an F-35C.  There would be almost nothing in common with either of the other two kits beyond the ejection seat, so basically a completely new kit.  Just don’t see it happening.  

If you disagree with me on that, that’s wonderful for you.  Adults can have divergent opinions on things, and don’t need to call people names because of it. 

Disagree on the similarities point.

Same engine, fuselage, tail, cockpit, etc.

They'd have to design new wings, landing gear and add a tail hook.

CAD is wonderful

1 minute ago, Da SWO said:

Disagree on the similarities point.

Same engine, fuselage, tail, cockpit, etc.

They'd have to design new wings, landing gear and add a tail hook.

CAD is wonderful

No, completely different fuselage, vertical and horizontal tails. Other than the A and B sharing the same vertical and horizontal tails, the airframes of all three are different. 

6 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Wow, really?  So I was “stupid” for suggesting it, but if they don’t, “no big deal”.  Wow.

In case you’re too dense to have picked up on it, Mr. Roof, you’re the person I was referencing above. 

1 hour ago, Illu said:

Wow, really?  So I was “stupid” for suggesting it, but if they don’t, “no big deal”.  Wow.

In case you’re too dense to have picked up on it, Mr. Roof, you’re the person I was referencing above. 

First of all, I never called you stupid. My exact comment to you was as follows :

"Oh for Christ's sake, Japan never flew the F-14, F-117, F4D, F4U, F-16 or F-4B either. Yet, that didn't stop Tamiya from releasing kit of those subjects. Japan doesn't fly the F-35C is the absolute dumbest reason modelers use when they claim Tamiya won't do that version."

I said the argument Tamiya wouldn't release a C because Japan didn't fly it was dumb. Note I was referring to that particular argument, and attributed it to several others by specifically using the terms 'modelers' and 'they'. At no point did I direct my comments to you personally.

Also, the first person to mention the word stupid in this entire F-35 discussion was you, with this little nugget :

Calm down man.  Jeez… it’s a toy plastic airplane, not a cure for cancer.  How stupid are you going to feel when they don’t do it?

Edited February 6 by Illu

I used the word stupid in response by simply stating I'd feel as stupid as you'll feel if they do release a C. 

After that, you proceeded to send me a couple nasty private messages calling me a bunch of names. Kinda wish I hadn't deleted them now.

Also, I was well aware you were talking about me. However, I intentionally ignored you in my previous response. I'm only responding now as you're attempting to paint me as the villain, when it is you that's being the antagonist. I attacked an argument, you attacked me personally. Like I said above, really wish I didn't delete your unsolicited, and rude private messages. 

To close, you are completely irrelevant and mean absolutely nothing to me. I do not care about you, or your opinion, and this will most certainly be my last response you. Now go away and find someone else to annoy.

Dave

Japanese model companies do like to cover American aircraft subjects that are based  there.

Once CVW-5 gets an F-35C Squadron I wouldn't be surprised if Tamiya and or Hasegawa both have naval "Fat Amys" out soon after ... 

-Gregg

On 3/19/2024 at 9:12 PM, Dave Roof said:

First of all, I never called you stupid. My exact comment to you was as follows :

"Oh for Christ's sake, Japan never flew the F-14, F-117, F4D, F4U, F-16 or F-4B either. Yet, that didn't stop Tamiya from releasing kit of those subjects. Japan doesn't fly the F-35C is the absolute dumbest reason modelers use when they claim Tamiya won't do that version."

I said the argument Tamiya wouldn't release a C because Japan didn't fly it was dumb. Note I was referring to that particular argument, and attributed it to several others by specifically using the terms 'modelers' and 'they'. At no point did I direct my comments to you personally.

Also, the first person to mention the word stupid in this entire F-35 discussion was you, with this little nugget :

Calm down man.  Jeez… it’s a toy plastic airplane, not a cure for cancer.  How stupid are you going to feel when they don’t do it?

Edited February 6 by Illu

I used the word stupid in response by simply stating I'd feel as stupid as you'll feel if they do release a C. 

After that, you proceeded to send me a couple nasty private messages calling me a bunch of names. Kinda wish I hadn't deleted them now.

Also, I was well aware you were talking about me. However, I intentionally ignored you in my previous response. I'm only responding now as you're attempting to paint me as the villain, when it is you that's being the antagonist. I attacked an argument, you attacked me personally. Like I said above, really wish I didn't delete your unsolicited, and rude private messages. 

To close, you are completely irrelevant and mean absolutely nothing to me. I do not care about you, or your opinion, and this will most certainly be my last response you. Now go away and find someone else to annoy.

Dave

Wow.  How very adult of you Dave.  Noticing a pattern here?