Super Etendard Blue

I'm building a Kinetic Super Etendard as an Argentina jet. The instruction call for Dark Sea Grey and I am using Mr. Color 331 as called out, but to me this seems too Grey. The color always struck me as being more blue than grey. Am I incorrect or can anyone give me a good paint recommendation?

Thanks

Ron

Saw the older SuEs up close and personal at Base Aeronaval Comandante Espora a couple of years ago, and the colour is of a bluish hue.

k9fJiRU.jpg

Lcr0Wo0.jpg

Modellers down here go with the Komboloi set, which is very accurate for this bluish gray tone. It's been hard for me to mix this colour when I built mine.

sue1-f1fc12a8811d1d235e15833249608800-32

Cheers,

Gwen

Hmm..I've got to look this company's website to see if they have other French colors for the two-Gray schemes on the SEM, Super Frelon, and Lynx and I will definitely be a lot closer to getting these kits out of my stash and on display!

Looks good, thanks Gwen!

WARDOG

Edited by Glynn Jacobs
4 hours ago, Glynn Jacobs said:

Hmm..I've got to look this company's website to see if they have other French colors

Hi Glynn

The SuEs are painted in a different colour than SEMs. The latter are of a tone of gray which is much more marked out.

To go to the Komboloi Paints page, click here

Lots of options to pick from.

Wish this specific paint existed when I built my SuE.

Too glad to have been of help.

Cheers,

Gwen