Great Wall Hobby G.W.H 1/48 L4826 Su-30MKI & L4830 Su-30SM & L4831 Su-30MKM/MK/MKA/SME “Flanker H” Multi-role Fighter

44 minutes ago, haneto said:

As long as SM shares parts with UB, why the part number is different than UB?

only one reason: they are new tooled.

You can compare sprue G and sprue I to find the different.

I think that hint is obvious enough…

Ok, here is the thing,and I am talking only about main canopy and exhaust section,because I have Su-27,Su-27UB,Su-35 and Su-30SM kits at home,and I was very interested what Mr.Yufei would say.

GWH have changed parts name,hypoteticly ie: G14 to I12,but,the shape of parts,dimensions and placement are same,because they took parts which they already have prepared in 3D,and joined them on sprues of model which will use these parts,because they are same on real aircraft,and that is the reason why they dont have identical part number/name,but they are the same in that section of model kit, and the reason why they have identical glass part confirmes that,Su-27UB and Su-30SM.Then, in instruction manual GWH have changed focus of view to the section,but also with reason,not to hide anything,but also with new names of the parts new model kit gets her authentity.That is profesionalism par exellance!!!Well done. I like GWH Flanker series of kits,just because of that,one can be asured that they know the real aircraft,and how to present it on model kit.

Edited by Mustang381
10 minutes ago, Mustang381 said:

Ok, so to do short recapitulation, just sprue with main canopy is from UB?

Yes, because canopy is same on all two seater, whatever 27UB, 30MKK, 30MKI, 30MKM or 30SM, in real life.

47 minutes ago, Mustang381 said:

Ok, here is the thing,and I am talking only about main canopy and exhaust section,because I have Su-27,Su-27UB,Su-35 and Su-30SM kits at home,and I was very interested what Mr.Yufei would say.

GWH have changed parts name,hypoteticly ie: G14 to I12,but,the shape of parts,dimensions and placement are same,because they took parts which they already have prepared in 3D,and joined them on sprues of model which will use these parts,because they are same on real aircraft,and that is the reason why they dont have identical part number/name,but they are the same in that section of model kit, and the reason why they have identical glass part confirmes that,Su-27UB and Su-30SM.Then, in instruction manual GWH have changed focus of view to the section,but also with reason,not to hide anything,but also with new names of the parts new model kit gets her authentity.That is profesionalism par exellance!!!Well done. I like GWH Flanker series of kits,just because of that,one can be asured that they know the real aircraft,and how to present it on model kit.

If I remember correctly, at least part I28 is identitcal for 30SM, which is different than 27UB.

Maybe I34 and I35 are different too, but I don't quite remember since the R&D was finished over 1 year ago.

22 hours ago, haneto said:

If I remember correctly, at least part I28 is identitcal for 30SM, which is different than 27UB.

Maybe I34 and I35 are different too, but I don't quite remember since the R&D was finished over 1 year ago.

So Haneto, what's next's?

3 minutes ago, Solo said:

How many Su-27 incarnation GWH is going to manufacture yet? I am really, really sick of that line. I want something new.
Give me that brand new A-10!

Then keep on getting sick.

6 minutes ago, Solo said:

How many Su-27 incarnation GWH is going to manufacture yet? I am really, really sick of that line. I want something new.
Give me that brand new A-10!

I believe Haneto said, GWH was doing an A-10 in 1/48th scale. I have read rumors of GWH doing an Su-25. But it's just a rumor.  Time will tell.

Y no MiG-35? It's a beautiful silhouette! However I may understand that they haven't been battle proven so not that popular. But then still MiG-29K/KUB.

Or at least MiG-29UB, lots of 48th scale decals, no kits available for a long time.

Just now, Specter1075 said:

Im not sick of Flankers yet. Lets see a Su-34 or Su-30MKM! Or the Su-25 would be great too!

I second that, bring more Flankers. What about a Su-35 Super Flanker.

I won't complain if GWH brings us a Su-15 family either.

J

2 minutes ago, solher1 said:

I second that, bring more Flankers. What about a Su-35 Super Flanker.

I won't complain if GWH brings us a Su-15 family either.

J

I'm up for an Su-15!  GWH already makes an Su-35. Both in 1/72nd, and 1/48th scale. 

There also coming out with an

F-14 in 1/48th scale.

Bring on more, love the Flanker!

I am attempting a Su-37 by kit bashing the single seat fuselage part of a Kitty Hawk Su-27 to an extra Su-30SM fuselage I ordered before Kitty Hawk went belly up. The Super Flanker conversion sets from SOL and Wolfpack are impossible to find these days. And a T10-15 aka P-42 is also in the works based on a Academy Su-27.

I am sure when I have finished these GWH will bring out their OOB version(s) 😉.

• haneto changed the title to Great Wall Hobby G.W.H 1/48 L4826 Su-30MKI & L4830 Su-30SM & L4831 Su-30MKM/MK/MKA/SME “Flanker H” Multi-role Fighter