Border Models New 1:32 scale Lancaster.

A lot of the places are still showing it available for preorder.  Also, I have one on preorder from Lucky Model, and then the legal thing started, the status changed to no longer available, but now it’s back to preorder status.  I get the impression that it was a legal threat that was either resolved, or ignored.

only one comment:

grounds for sleeping in the garage for the next 36 months

gary

P.S. WNW has lost the case before they even got started. A failure to pay your bills will often result in the loss of items involved. Pretty much a standard issue in every country out there. Add to this the fact that WNW may now be in trouble for extortion.

glt

On 12/28/2021 at 8:48 PM, ChesshireCat said:

only one comment:

grounds for sleeping in the garage for the next 36 months

gary

P.S. WNW has lost the case before they even got started. A failure to pay your bills will often result in the loss of items involved. Pretty much a standard issue in every country out there. Add to this the fact that WNW may now be in trouble for extortion.

glt

That is only true if they haven’t paid their bills, we’ve only heard one side of the story.

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

That is only true if they haven’t paid their bills, we’ve only heard one side of the story.

you will note right away that Peter Jackson has never denied the bill paying deal. When you sign on a contract with a company to make parts for you, you usually pay a third of the cost upfront to get the ball rolling. Then somewhere around the 50% mark you'll inspect what's done, and pay another third. On completion they pay the rest off. Kinda standard thru out the machine tool world everywhere. Your short the last payment, and you loose everything. To be exact you miss any of the payments and you loose. Large contracts often will spell out four to six payments, but a mold for this thing is small stuff. On the otherhand the mold shop also must meet a said date unless there are some unplanned circumstances (there's always a clause in the contract). If the mold (in this case) is modified; then the due date will cease to exist. I did this every week all over the world, and trust me he can't win. There was talk of intellectual property, and even that is maybe 25% correct. The true owner of the shape of the plane (in this case) is the aircraft company and the United Kingdom. There is actually two or three sets of intellectual property, and even though they are all for the same part; yet none are related. The CNC programing is the big ticket here, and Jackson doesn't own any of it! It belongs to the shop unless he had a clause to purchase it after the final payment (extremely rare). Even the blue prints that the programing was done off of belong to the shop unless by some slim chance they used WNW's (never will as the are a different format).

One cannot pass blame to the mold shop as they are only here to make a profit. Jackson didn't pay for the product so it was sold to the highest bidder, and probably then for about half of what was in it. In my neck of the woods we kinda call that bad management, or shear stupidity

gary

6 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

you will note right away that Peter Jackson has never denied the bill paying deal. When you sign on a contract with a company to make parts for you, you usually pay a third of the cost upfront to get the ball rolling. Then somewhere around the 50% mark you'll inspect what's done, and pay another third. On completion they pay the rest off. Kinda standard thru out the machine tool world everywhere. Your short the last payment, and you loose everything. To be exact you miss any of the payments and you loose. Large contracts often will spell out four to six payments, but a mold for this thing is small stuff. On the otherhand the mold shop also must meet a said date unless there are some unplanned circumstances (there's always a clause in the contract). If the mold (in this case) is modified; then the due date will cease to exist. I did this every week all over the world, and trust me he can't win. There was talk of intellectual property, and even that is maybe 25% correct. The true owner of the shape of the plane (in this case) is the aircraft company and the United Kingdom. There is actually two or three sets of intellectual property, and even though they are all for the same part; yet none are related. The CNC programing is the big ticket here, and Jackson doesn't own any of it! It belongs to the shop unless he had a clause to purchase it after the final payment (extremely rare). Even the blue prints that the programing was done off of belong to the shop unless by some slim chance they used WNW's (never will as the are a different format).

One cannot pass blame to the mold shop as they are only here to make a profit. Jackson didn't pay for the product so it was sold to the highest bidder, and probably then for about half of what was in it. In my neck of the woods we kinda call that bad management, or shear stupidity

gary

Again, Peter Jackson filed papers to stop them from selling his kit design.

I’m not defending Peter Jackson, all we have seen from Border Models is a rather belligerent social media posting. Is Jackson supposed to reply in the same manner? He can let the legal process do the talking.

As well, that area of the world doesn’t always play by the same rules as the rest of the world. And any court matter filed will most likely fall on deaf ears.