GWH 1/48 Su-27 "Flanker B" heavy fighter building record

Hi guys

Long time no staring an in-progress thread since I tasted 6 1/700 ship models this year, but finally I'm back to aircraft modelling at the year end.

Which one should I restart with? Undoutly, my favorite aircraft, vanila Flanker tooled by GWH which I also participated in R&D work.

It's quite unfortunately to know the kits have not recieved in your local market yet due to pandemic, after released for almost 1 year in China mainland.

Hope my built will give you some adea about how this kit builds like, not only how it looks like in box.

The overall design concept of this kit is take the best balance between proper detail level and easy-building.

We omitted some invisible details to save your time and effort, to ensure you can finish the kit in a short time period and enjoy the final result as well.

It is based on our experience as modeller, which we would even think how to make the paint job easier when we decide part breaking down method.

Is it a less detailed kit than other Flanker?

Or it is a kit offering you less stress but more fun, to archive the enough detail you need to enjoy after finishing?

It's up to you. 😉 

I have summarized the building progress and made a video for it.

Watch it on Youtube if you are interested:

【4K】Sukhoi Su-27 "Flanker-B" heavy fighter 1/48 GWH complete building record (7 months into 1 hour!)

First, let's start with the "dirty" part of the built.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

Edited by haneto

Now here comes the colour recipe for small parts.

I painted them by airbrush one by one, and glued them after washing.

You can also add more weathering after assembling.

I believe this is the best way to save time and effort, also to assure the best outcome/result!

047.JPG

048.JPG

049.JPG

050.JPG

051.JPG

052.JPG

053.JPG

054.JPG

055.JPG

056.JPG

057.JPG

058.JPG

059.JPG

060.JPG

061.JPG

062.JPG

063.JPG

064.JPG

065.JPG

066.JPG

067.JPG

Unfortuantely lots of details are invisible after you install the "bathtube" into the fuselage.

That's why I am not a big fan of some over engineered model kits——just don't want to waste my precious time and energy on those so called "details"...

081.JPG

082.JPG

083.JPG

084.JPG

085.JPG

The inner side of both windshield and canopy.

086.thumb.JPG.523791c761cb61d4eac8ed3566bf546a.JPG

I always like to switch the canopy from open to close time by time, so test fit the canopy closing status is very important.

087.thumb.JPG.68e9848a25a89486d369cd8a1ffd32bb.JPG

So that's all for now, so far so good.

Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Sorry for the silence for a while.

A bit busy with my daily job at the year beginning, but still try to find some spare time (1-2 hours before sleeping every night) to catch up.

Next week we will have 1 week national holidays as of Lunar New Year, hopefully I can try to finish it by then!

So the built went on.

Engine intake and trunk.

088.JPG

089.JPG

090.JPG

091.JPG

092.JPG

093.JPG

Now the Flanker is sitting by herself!

The D&W 3D print landing gears, thanks to the super strong engineering material and stainless rods inside, are more than strong to take all the weight from this beast!

139.JPG

140.JPG

141.JPG

142.JPG