Trumpeter A-3 Skywarrior LG

Wow what a horrible design on the MLG for this kit! I finished one side and letting rest, but am not sure the link going to the piece that the main strut goes to is installed correctly. I started doing this to take break from doing the flight control surfaces on the Model Collect B-2 don’t get me started on that fit! to anyone doing these kits. Don’t do both at the same time. Very frustrating!

The MLG well and gear are totally screwed on this kit. The gear and wells are just about total fiction. Not quite but just about. I made my own half rearend attempt to accurize the well and gear however I am abandoning it hoping Jeffrey over at Hypersonic Models will accelerate his intention to correct the well and gear. No simple project. I hope he will do it before I check out. The meter is running. 

2 hours ago, Hajo L. said:

Just a couple of days ago I saw on my german modelling forum someone complaining as well. He got the issue solved somehow, but it took some work.

https://www.modellboard.net/index.php?topic=66507.0

HAJO

Anyway that I can switch the German forum to English? Sure would love to be able to read what he said.

For what it's worth:

http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2013/05/douglas-a3d-skywarrior-main-landing.html

I don't know what the Trumpeter version looks like other than there should not be two separate wheel wells; instead, the "hole" in the fuselage for the main landing gear was separated by a thin shear web (panel) except for the part between the aft end of the bomb bay and the angled bulkhead at the front end of the wheel wells where the extension/retraction actuator was for each landing gear. It was open from one side of the fuselage to the other.

8 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

Anyway that I can switch the German forum to English? Sure would love to be able to read what he said.

Unfortunately not, maybe use Google to translate it...?

HAJO

• 1 year later...

Heard a rumor that Hypersonics might finally be working on a correction set for this issue.   Hopefully that's the case.   Would love to bang out that EKA-3 I've had on the shelf for the last few years. 

1 hour ago, 11bee said:

Heard a rumor that Hypersonics might finally be working on a correction set for this issue.   Hopefully that's the case.   Would love to bang out that EKA-3 I've had on the shelf for the last few years. 

Yes, Jeffrey has resurected the main gear well replacement/correction set for the Trumpeter A3D series of kits. I believe it is a ways off though. He is working on how to engineer the unit that will allow easier production of the parts. I'm sure he will lock it down at some point. I know I am looking forward to the set. I am sure he will knock it out of the park when finished.