1/72 F-15A Baz 695, Knights of the Twin Tail Squadrons, IDF/AF

Hello guys,

finally I can show you my finished Baz.

It take a lot of time to be completed 'cause, apart my notorious slowness to build and at some point a loss of mojo, the commission of what is now a full time work with models of various types consume my time almost completely...

But now is there!

The model rapresent Baz 695 named " Ha'kohav" The Star and with four kills think deserve it ,in the mid to late '80s, so before the various upgrades, comprised the ACES seat.

The model is the classic Hasegawa in 1/72, with the following AMs:

- Eduard PE detail set

- Brassin ALQ-131

- Paragon Design Python 3 missiles and launching rails

- Isradecals decals sheet

- Aires Turkey feathers nozzle exhausts

- Res-Kit wheels

- Pavla Escapac seat

- Hasegawa Weapons Set V's Aim-7Ms

The model was painted with Gunze for the camo, Alclad for the metallic areas, AK Interactive Dark Ghost Grey for some panels, and some MRP colors for the Python missiles, Vallejo for the various pit details.

Unfortunately I broken something in my camera few days ago so I used my phone for these pics so sorry for the quality ( but you know I'm a bad photographer anyway...)

Also added some scratched details, but for this think is best look at the WIP

But enough words, hope you like this build and don't hesitate to comment!

Thanks all and will wish a sincere, real Happy Healty New Year

Gianni

SMYdZe.jpg

x3zx4s.jpg

OrT0vP.jpg

jHpeQi.jpg

kuF3V7.jpg

bmRPxI.jpg

xfiBCf.jpg

KQbIsb.jpg

eBI2PE.jpg

Thanks guys,

glad you like it.

Took an eternity ti finish the model, even for my standard but you know, real life isn't modeller friendly ( despite I paint, build or sculpt about 6 or 7 hours daily)

Gianni:cheers:

I absolutely love Your Baz. Love the attention to detail, the mixed Sparrows make this generally plain painted bird pop. Apparently no detail is too little to be important to You. The cockpit is awesome! Can't wait for Your next project!

Thanks guys for your kindeness , maybe too much...

Thad, someone suggested me to start my FM Phantom; in reality there're a pair of model that I'll build since some time now, an Academy OV-10D and Revell Hunter, but I'm restrained by not correct Desert Storm decals for the Bronco ( I've a ton of AMs collected in the years but no decals unfortunately) and for the Hunter the lack of correct weapons ( and ref) , namely the cluster of rockets, to do a Arab bird.

Anyway, I've some choice after all, need only a bit of mojo towards one of the kits collected

Cheers to all guys and stay safe!!!!

Gianni 

1 hour ago, kurnass77 said:

Thanks guys for your kindeness , maybe too much...

Thad, someone suggested me to start my FM Phantom; in reality there're a pair of model that I'll build since some time now, an Academy OV-10D and Revell Hunter, but I'm restrained by not correct Desert Storm decals for the Bronco ( I've a ton of AMs collected in the years but no decals unfortunately) and for the Hunter the lack of correct weapons ( and ref) , namely the cluster of rockets, to do a Arab bird.

Anyway, I've some choice after all, need only a bit of mojo towards one of the kits collected

Cheers to all guys and stay safe!!!!

Gianni 

Gianni,  Beautiful Baz!  Wow!  It looks like you could just hop in an fly it away!  I may have some hope for you on the OV-10D. Kursad at Caracal is working on a sheet for the OV-10D.  It is 1/48 for the ICM kit recently released.  He has already released a 1/32 sheet for the Kitty Hawk kit, so with a little coaxing, and providing some reference material, he may well include Desert Storm markings AND shrink them down to 1:72.  HTH with your builders block.  Kind regards, Dutch  

Thanks my friends, really glad for your appreciations!

Dutch, I know that Kursada is working on the new sheet but I'm little confident of a scale down...as for  some beautiful sheet from AOA Decals.

Feel like we 1/72 builder are the bas$£@#! of the AM producers...

Thanks again and stay safe and healty guys,

Gianni