'66 Merc Park Lane - 1/25 AMT oldie

This is the model of the first car I bought when attending GMI in Flint, MI 1974-76. Purchased for $250 in August '72, complete with set of snow tyres & wheels in the (cavernous) boot, sold in August '74 for $250!

Built the model first in 1974 but over the years (and many house moves) it was looking pretty sad, so I rebuilt it in 2020. Considering the real car was somewhat less than showroom, the rebuild attempts to show some wear, tear and the effects of 6 years running in Michigan winters. One of the taillight lenses was lost along the way so that was a scratchbuild, to which I added chrome trim using fine silver wire. A bit more work to get the interior closer to real life, converted the front buckets to a bench plus column shift.

There's another kit in my stash of the second car I bought "over there", '66 Chevelle SS396, then the '73 Pontiac Grand Am in 1/43 scale.

Ciao ciao

66 Merc Park Lane rebuild.jpg

DSCN3386.JPG

DSCN3387.JPG

DSCN3388.JPG

DSCN3389.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I really like that. I must add a yank-tank land-yacht to my scale garage. If for no other reason to show it next to some of my Euro econoboxes.  

I did a commission conversion of a 1/43 Pontiac Grand AM resin model. A 2 door coupe. When I put it next to a 1/43 diecast model of my own Audi A4 Avant I realised the real thing probably wouldn't fit in my drive. 

20191202_214252.jpg

20191125_154922.jpg

I honestly can't remember what year it was.  I do know I had to reprofile the rear end, and convert the tail lights from horizontal to vertical. So whatever year the model was I changed it to the other one...

Yep,if you look at my stash on Scalemates you'll see the kit, otherwise just search - it's Lindbergh, not Revell, #72462, but the scale is 1/32 so wouldn't have helped your commission.

Can you post details of the resin kit?

Screenshot_20220117-232250.png

It wasn't a kit but a Neo resin complete model. So being resin (and either superglued or with epoxy) it was  impossible to disassemble properly. This made the conversion rather difficult. Especially as I broke the dash in half trying to get it out. https://www.carmodel.com/neo-scale-models/neo44755/1-43/pontiac/pontiac-grand-am-2-door-coupe-1973/55121

Thanks, did some more research and there's that NEO in 1/43 which would be OK, just have to paint it all white (mine had the burgundy interior, so that's good), plus I found a 1/25 resin body and interior tub from Dr Larry (Larry Belcher) in modelcarsmag. Just waiting for feedback from him.