Spangdahlem F-15C weapon loadout questions

5 minutes ago, Nebbor said:

Answer to your question Janissary

Yes but what about Niels's reply to that? Meaning, seeing the 120 on the inside and outside seems to be common (which I have also seen to be the case).  With the jammer issue solved, is the choice random? 

5 minutes ago, Janissary said:

is the choice random? 

It has shifted through time. Please see earlier post explaining the development. 
To add to the confusion, recently F-15E's and C's have both been seen with AIM-120's on both inner and outer wing pylon. It has always been possible to load on either or both, it is just practice and preference through time that has shifted. 

On 6/1/2022 at 3:09 PM, Nebbor said:

The only external feature of MSIP that I know of are 2 small bumps on top and bottom of the nose, just aft of the radome line. Here is 80-0004 a Spangdahlem F-15C that has these bumps:

Those were introduced under a different modification program that was generally coincident with MSIP.  Langley and Eglin jets deployed to Desert Storm were all MSIP jets, but at least some Eglin jets had those antennas while none of the Langley jets did not.  As a rule of thumb for external differences, MSIP C models and D models (that left the factory as MSIP jets) had the antenna on the right tail boom and the modified right aft formation strip light.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

Murph:  as your stated rule of thumb for the MSIP modification I assume there is not one single distinguishing feature that positively identifies a MSIP F-15? As in a aircraft NOT having the right tailboom antenna and modified right aft formation stripe could still be a MSIP MOD? Or other way around: an Eagle that has these features could NOT a MSIP aircraft? Just curious.

On 6/4/2022 at 5:59 PM, Murph said:

F-15C.png

Thanks again Murph!

Below are 2 pictures of the F-15C I'm planning to build and it has both of the features you mention, so it should definitely be a MSIP.

I will make sure these features will be present on my model.

(All my pics taken 26-7-1994)

image.png.e0f12549981f5ef8318b3bbfb2b6dfea.png

image.png.1dcd0665981fcf881b2c012ab761b6bf.png

F-15D 84-044 present the same day also has these features and should also be a MSIP:

image.png.982846be7c9eec6fcf368624254ae747.png

However, F-15D 79-012 I also photographed the same day, doesn't have these modifications and therefore should be an unmodified one.

Guess they where using both modified MSIP and unmodified F-15's at Spangdahlem in 1994.

I'm also planning to build this one and will safe me some time now that I don't have to modify this one. 🙂

image.png.ec72d44c676e0e11ee70bf1ec5ba5874.png

image.png.6709939430b37da7ccc5b6b663495b9d.png

Edited by Susaschka
typo
On 6/4/2022 at 6:53 PM, Nebbor said:

Murph:  as your stated rule of thumb for the MSIP modification I assume there is not one single distinguishing feature that positively identifies a MSIP F-15? As in a aircraft NOT having the right tailboom antenna and modified right aft formation stripe could still be a MSIP MOD? Or other way around: an Eagle that has these features could NOT a MSIP aircraft? Just curious.

There used to be 2 Wolfpack MSIP update kits for the F-15A and F-15C available, but unfortunately these have been discontinued.

I've been trying to get my hands on both of these for quite some time now, but I haven't been able to obtain them.

I anybody has any suggestions where I could find these I would be extremely grateful. 😉

Links:

http://www.wolfpack-d.com/catalog/htm/wp48010.html

http://www.wolfpack-d.com/catalog/htm/wp48015.html

image.png.0f6eb9ad4a3684368f668229156e005f.png