Cavalcade of Classic Motoring!

While it is only a couple days into the new year, I can’t help but think of the old saw “Out with the old, in with the new!” Of course, when it comes to sprue, I can’t really abide by that at all. I’m more like “In with the old, in with the older and weirder!”. I know it doesn’t really follow the spirit of things, but you know me… always have to be contrary.

In that fine tradition then I would like to share with all of you a great classic car score I had in late November, in the one Toy Show I managed to get to before COVID started shutting everything back down again! Now, when I say “Classic” I don’t mean ‘50s and ‘60s like most people. I mean cars that are 90-118 years old, and kits that are about half that age!

If you’re looking for a weird collection of older Brass and Vintage era car kits, then click on the link below the see some of the awesome chestnuts I picked up late last year, and don’t forget to vote for your favourite too!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/vintage-car-score-november-2021/

vintage-car-score-2021-001.jpg?w=450

• 2 weeks later...

That's a sweet haul. 

They'd all look great on my Scalextric layout (whenever I get that built....)

They are of their time but are still nice kits and still make sweet models. It never ceases to amaze me that Matchbox were able to make clean crisp moulded parts with TEENY TINY sprue attachment points 40-50 years ago, and few can come close today. 

I agree, they'd be awesome on a track. I think putting the 1910 Buick on a Scalextric track would be a scream!

Matchbox was great. Sure, their planes were meh, but I love them to death, and their cars and tanks are not only quite nice, but definitely interesting subjects!