Upcoming 1/48 OV-10A Bronco Decals from AOA

It's been over six years since doing OV-10A decals in 1/32 and 1/72, now that we finally have a good 1/48 kit with the new ICM kit, also finally got around to releasing the 1/48 decals (with some updates/additions).

48-019 - Black Ponies, Shamrocks, & Jarheads - USN/USMC OV-10A Broncos in the Vietnam War Era

Predominately covers US Navy VAL-4 Black Ponies, over 15 options spanning their entire time in Vietnam from 1969-1972. Also included are three options from VS-41 Shamrocks, an S-2 Tracker squadron responsible for the stateside training of VAL-4 crews and personnel throughout the war.  Last but not least, also covered are two options each of USMC Broncos from VMO-2 and VMO-6, both of which also used the Bronco heavily in combat in Vietnam.

Specific ordnance loadout charts are provided for each squadron.

Included with the 48-019 release is full OV-10A airframe data and markings sheet 48-021 that also includes markings for various rocket pods and gun pods commonly used in Vietnam. 

48-020 - "Tally-Ho on the FAC" - USAF OV-10A Broncos in the Vietnam War

Covers 19 options for USAF Forward Air Controller (FAC) Broncos in Vietnam. 

Ordnance loadout charts for USAF Bronco FACs in Vietnam are also provided.

Included with the 48-020 release is full OV-10A airframe data and markings sheet 48-021.

48-021 - Airframe Data & Markings - USN/USMC/USAF OV-10A Broncos

This combined service sheet provides complete OV-10A Bronco airframe data and markings (stencils) for one aircraft.  Includes multiple variations of common markings, landing gear placards, tire slip indicators, formation lights, ejection seat markings, full sponson and wing pylon stenciling, and more.  Also includes decals for ordnance common to early OV-10A Broncos such as various 2.75" FFAR and 5" Zuni rocket pods, SUU-11 and Mk.4 HIPEG gun pods, and also LAU-7 launch rails.

They're all at Cartograf now for printing, expected Q1 2022 release. 

Now in stock and available to order:

https://www.aoadecals.com

COVER-48019.jpg

48019.jpg

COVER-48020.jpg

48020.jpg

COVER-48021.jpg

48021.jpg

Edited by ziggyfoos
On 1/9/2022 at 10:43 AM, aircal62 said:

Great to see the Shamrocks done.  A question on the OV-10 schemes.  I take it that the USAF never flew Bronco's with SEA color schemes?

Not that I'm aware or seen that I recall, these were all FAC types, no special roles like the O-2B or anything.

• 2 weeks later...

These look great.  I recently picked up one of your A-4 sheets and going to order your O-2A sheet.  I already received my OV-10D kit and I'm on the fence for the A kit.  I'm sure these will be as good as the other sheets I've got.  

• 5 months later...