F-16C ordnance colors?

Hi guys,

I've got my 32nd Academy F-16C to the point that I'm starting to paint the ordnance. She's going to be loaded up with AIM-120s, AIM-9Ms, plus some GBU's and an ALQ-184 on the centerline. The Academy painting chart calls for 36270 Neutral Gray, but for some reason I always thought that it was 36375 Light Ghost Gray for these weapons? Maybe I'm thinking of Navy/Marine ordnance? The jet that I'm building is a circa 2005 jet from the 421st FS at Hill AFB. Thanks in advance! Fred.

Also, the bands on the ordnance are 35109 blue if they're inert. For live ordnance, use 30117 brown bands for rocket motors and yellow bands for warheads. BTW, for USAF LGBs & JDAMs, the warheads are 34087 olive drab (USN/USMC warheads could be either OD or 36375 gray). The guidance kits were originally OD, but later ones are gray.

16 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Were inert Mk 80 series bombs painted a different colour green (34087) than the live weapons?

There were three different 500-lb GP bombs. The inert Mk 82 was (normally) 34087 with a 35109 blue band around the nose (often a bit further aft than the band on live bombs). The USAF also uses the BDU-50 which are overall 35109 (often quite weathered), which have no ability to fit fuzes (blunt nose), but the BDU-50A/B are able to be used as LGBs. The USN/USMC also use the BDU-45, which are essentially inert Mk 82s, but have two 2"-dia. receptacles on the sides of the warhead toward the back end for spotting charges; they are also overall 35109.

15 hours ago, mrvark said:

There were three different 500-lb GP bombs. The inert Mk 82 was (normally) 34087 with a 35109 blue band around the nose (often a bit further aft than the band on live bombs). The USAF also uses the BDU-50 which are overall 35109 (often quite weathered), which have no ability to fit fuzes (blunt nose), but the BDU-50A/B are able to be used as LGBs. The USN/USMC also use the BDU-45, which are essentially inert Mk 82s, but have two 2"-dia. receptacles on the sides of the warhead toward the back end for spotting charges; they are also overall 35109.

Do you happen to know what Vallejo air series paint best matches 34087?

17 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Do you happen to know what Vallejo air series paint best matches 34087?

According to paint4models.com, USA Olive Drab or Brown Violet (43 Vallejo Air) are the best matches. I don't use Vallejo, so can't speak from experience.