Group Build Proposal: F-16 Fighting Falcon Furball

Poll: F-16 GB  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will you participate in the F-16 GB ?

• Yes
    • No, but you guys have fun

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/16/2022 at 10:41 AM

We had one group build in 2021, and none in the pipeline.    I think it is time to bring back the Group Build, have fun together.

I therefore propose  the  F-16 Fighting Falcon Furball Group build. The rules are simple: build an F-16  in any scale. This includes the Mitsubishi F-2, and all the wierd one off derivatives like the F-16XL ... et cetera

Start with a new, or very minimally started kit, use any Aftermarket parts, or decals you want. 

The F-16 is used by many nations, with plenty of special schemes, so there should be something for everyone's tastes.

We will start as soon as we get 10 votes, and run for 6 months

Are you in?

Edited by Kurt H.

Awesome. we got 10 votes in less than 24 hours.  Thanks to each and every one of you for voting and commenting on this thread. I believe this means this Idea is capable of sustaining a group build, I will go to the group build forum and formally request it. Be prepared to start immediately!

Edited by Kurt H.
1 hour ago, Kurt H. said:

Awesome. we got 10 votes in less than 24 hours.  Thanks to each and every one of you for voting and commenting on this thread. I believe this means this Idea is capable of sustaining a group build, I will go to the group build forum and formally request it. Be prepared to start immediately!

Started priming parts at the moment. Let's gooooo

I ordered a Quinta Studios set and a master brass pitot set for my Tamiya F-16C/N .. which I will use to build the SEA camo F-16 depicted by the new Caracal models sheet. They were both from US based Ebay sellers, so hopefully they will arrive pretty quickly. 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I will recommend to Steve , he gives the group build a go. I am not sure anymore if the others on the GB committee are even on line anymore.

Thanks Phantom. 

are you sure you can not work a trade with Don and whip up an F-16 in 3 days? 😀

We can do Hornets next ... I want to build one or more hornets this year as well. I have been hoarding Meng, Hasegawa, and Kinetic Hornets/Super hornets for some reason. They are like Phantoms, too many nice kits, variants, and cool markings to choose just 1. 

Hi Curt!

I'd be in with a Chilean Air Force F-16C

aau.jpg?m=1370894664

Lovely scheme.

Also, it'd be a great opportunity to ask help to those modellers from Chile, to ask them if this specific aircraft has once worn a darker rudder colour or if it's just a trick of the light owing to the deflected rudder

Dunno whether JetPhotos is allowed, so click here 

Thanks.

Cheers,

Gwen

Edited by Gwen Phoenix
Add one picture
4 hours ago, Gwen Phoenix said:

Hi Curt!

aau.jpg?m=1370894664

Lovely scheme.

Also, it'd be a great opportunity to ask help to those modellers from Chile, to ask them if this specific aircraft has once worn a darker rudder colour or if it's just a trick of the light owing to the deflected rudder

Thanks.

Cheers,

Gwen

That is a cool, unique scheme, I look forward to seeing what you do with it

On 1/9/2022 at 5:19 PM, Helmsman said:

I've built one last year

and not in the mood for another that soon, have a bunch of Flankers and Spits in mind. But depending on timing, who knows.

Beautiful job on the Big Barak. I have proposed a 1 year GB, so maybe in a few months ?? 

23 hours ago, Da SWO said:

Yes.

171FIG F-16ADF

Cool choice. 

On 1/9/2022 at 9:34 PM, Gwen Phoenix said:

Hi Curt!

Lovely scheme.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Gwen

I think what you are seeing is the blue colour showing slightly through the grey repaint. These a/c used to have dark blue painted rudders as part of the national insignia.

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Chile-Air-Force/General-Dynamics-Fokker-F-16AM-Fighting-Falcon-401/6093733?qsp=eJwtjEEKwjAQRe8ya12EUsHu9AK68AJD8tVgbMNkQEPp3Z0Ed%2B//B28lv8yKr95qBk1UwOKftKPMwu9C00ocJcW5STceh9HcC/WzSDBL97072FMW0XO1HVhx8h5ZEf7/RQKkKRTfww9rOQPItTMNLRFiyYl7A8ox0bb9AMWjMm4%3D

------------------