RESOLVED *** Looking for Suggestions on Detailing APR-38 Antenna on F-4G

I'm looking for ideas on how to detail the nose of the 1/48 Testors F-4G kit.   It is completely lacking in any detail whatsoever.   I'm really trying to figure out a way to add the APR-38 Beam Receiver antenna that was on the side of the nose .  It is very visible from all the photos that I've seen posted of WW F-4G's.   The Hasegawa kit has them molded into the plastic but the Testors has nothing.  See illustration below to see which antenna I'm talking about.

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/images/269/16.jpg

Edited by Drifterdon

Eduard 48109 for the Hasegawa F-4G had parts for these antennae. It’s out of production but you might be able to find one through the forums. 

You could also use a punch and 0.005 styrene to make the button antennae.

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown
19 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

Eduard 48109 for the Hasegawa F-4G had parts for these antennae. It’s out of production but you might be able to find one through the forums. 

You could also use a punch and 0.005 styrene to make the button antennae.

Ben

Thanks Ben.   I'll keep my eye out for that Eduard set.   Don

Hi DD,

I have the Eduard photo etch set that Ben referenced. I won’t be using the dash 38 beam receivers (parts 65 on the fret -see attached photo) as I don’t find them an improvement over Hasegawa’s depiction. But, of course, for the Testors kit anything is an improvement!

If you want ‘em, they’re yours for the price of postage, which ought to be minimal, especially if you’re in the CONUS.

Feel free to PM me if you’re interested.

Rich

C4uhTfa.jpg

• Drifterdon changed the title to RESOLVED *** Looking for Suggestions on Detailing APR-38 Antenna on F-4G