RCN Harvard color help

I've gone through my references and been going through the internet trying to figure out the cowling and rudder color of this Harvard parked outside of the Victoria Flying club in Pat Bay. I thought it was blue but maybe it is a darker Red than the fin flash? Any help appreciated. Thanks Ray

IMG_20211121_075012.thumb.jpg.e899ecfd3fd18675f6ba720a7310ef54.jpgay

On 1/15/2022 at 11:22 AM, RCNFAN said:

I've gone through my references and been going through the internet trying to figure out the cowling and rudder color of this Harvard parked outside of the Victoria Flying club in Pat Bay. I thought it was blue but maybe it is a darker Red than the fin flash? Any help appreciated. Thanks Ray

IMG_20211121_075012.thumb.jpg.e899ecfd3fd18675f6ba720a7310ef54.jpgay

3UwGxQ7.jpg

Edited by phantom
1 hour ago, phantom said:

3UwGxQ7.jpg

Be aware that this is a Downsview aircraft and may not have the same colours as a machine from Pat Bay,  Wasn't Shearwater colours different, too.  I'm scouring my references to see if anything pops up.   does one of the Pat Martin books cover this question ??

Cheers, Tony

Edited by Snowbird3a

Phantoms pic was what got me thinking  maybe its red? The above picture is on the Victoria airfield, you can just make out the old military control tower in the back ground and cropped out of this pic is the Martin Mars water bombers to the right. Patrick Martin has this same pic in his book, his color call outs say Reserve units used Blue for the cowling with the white and blue stripes on the rudder but I also know when the Navy took them off the RCAF that they were overall yellow till the next paint job from my other references. His book shows side profiles with Shearwater Harvards overall yellow in 1955, Downsview with a red and blue cowling in 57 and a Calgary Harvard with the Blue cowling and stripped rudder in 58. I do have a pic of 814 in overall yellow in front of Vic Flying club. It says that two machines were transferred from Shearwater in the early 50s so this makes sense. There is a pic in Patricks book of a lineup of 900 series Harvards in Dartmouth in 1957 all with colored cowlings and stripped rudders but being black and white impossible to tell the color.