Zoukei-Mura 1/48 F-4G officially announced

On 12/4/2022 at 10:55 PM, MRF said:

Yeah... Well, so, basically this guy, more or less known in "scale modeling internet" likes kits easy to build in terms of fit and building speed, canion-wide panel lines, allowing to apply wash easier etc....
...while many other people prefer kits more challenging during construction phase, with more subtle detail, and more accurate at the same time.
"As long as it looks like the thing..." I hear this tune often lately... 😉

It's just his personal opinion, and choice, to be respected, but it's not any sort of "revealed truth" or objective truth. This personal statement doesn't really add any value to discussion here.
Plus, discussion about accuracy in case of model kit is rather natural for people, who do not satisfy themselves building OOB.

I always choose ZM over Meng 😉 . Although to be honest, for now I just wait for Tamiya move...

Or Trumpeter/Hobbyboss.
They have never dipped their toe into the Phantom market.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me first say I’m not an F-4 guy and don’t mean to cause a stir but I’m a bit disappointed with this kit now that I’m about halfway through it.  The fit is only so so, the weapons are not wide ranging and the decals are for only one bird. Maybe it’s because I grew up on Monogram kits from KMart but I don’t understand the need for over engineered kits with lots of parts that could easily be molded on during manufacturing. Unlike Tamiya’s recent kits, the parts are often attached to the sprue at awkward points that had it been moved a few millimeters, the clean up would not even be visible.  Instead, this is a modern kit that I’ve spent more time than expected sanding and dry fitting, when other manufacturers have chosen to give us both details and ease of building. I’m not asking for a snap together kit and it will look good in the end, but at the current prices, it should be better IMO.  

• 8 months later...

Can anyone help with link to some japanese blog devoted to F-4 and its model kits? 
I remember there were nice comparison between kits, and I'm specifically after the picture showing difference between ZM and Tamiya canopy outline...

Anyone? I can't google out bloody thing no matter what...

18 hours ago, MRF said:

Can anyone help with link to some japanese blog devoted to F-4 and its model kits? 
I remember there were nice comparison between kits, and I'm specifically after the picture showing difference between ZM and Tamiya canopy outline...

The above links work good. Other aircraft and armour are analyzed and compared as well.

http://soyuyo.main.jp/index.html