Sword's 1/72 FAC(A) TF-9J (Out of Box)

It may not be an iron-clad rule, but I do find that I prefer two-seat versions of single-seat aircraft. Oddly, I also prefer the single seat version of trainers… I guess I’m perverse like that!  It turns out that there are a lot of planes about which I really don’t get that excited until you add an extra seat.

A perfect example of that is the F9F-8 Cougar. I had the old (and not-so-good) 1/48 as a kid, but I didn’t think much of it; the design looked slow and heavy, and like a lot of transonic jets it just didn’t do much for me. However, the two-seater, or “Twogar” as it’s often known, is a different story! I almost bought the Kittyhawk 1/48 Twogar; that’s how much I love that plane. Thankfully, though, I found out about the Sword 1/72 TF-9J, and bought that one instead. Now it’ll be in scale with everything else I have!

Even better, I got the one with weapons, that served as a FAC(A) in ‘Nam! While it’s not perfect, it looks pretty cool, so check out the Out of Box review at the link below!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/sword-1-72-tf-9j-cougar-vietnam-blue-angelsoob/

twogar-oob-001.jpg?w=450

Well, I've built two of the kits. There is obvious evidence that the masters were made from modified Hasegawa kits, and that's fine. There are some assembly snags, the most memorable for me was the way undersized nose wheel, which I corrected on one of my builds. I used Caracal decals on the colorful trainer, kit decals on the Marines FAC. Enjoy!

SwoTF-9J.JPG

SwoTF-9JVN.JPG