Italeri 2022 preview

Built one of that 1/72 Wespe in the 1970s under the Esci or Esci/Italeri label.

Reasonable kit for its date and size.

As always I would have liked better figures with it.

Hmm, 1/32 scale "100% New Moulds" NATO pilots, ground crew, and accessories.

Wonder if they would make good candidates for conversion to sci-fi projects.

That MC 202 (two please) will find it's way to my house!!  Wish they'd do the WC51 Jeep in 48th and 72nd scale!!!  And lastly that Short Sterling has grasped an interest from me and it's in 72 scale. They used them to tow gliders after their bombing days were done. The Airfix one kinda leaves a lot to be desired.  Now we need gliders!

gary

On 1/24/2022 at 3:48 AM, ChesshireCat said:

And lastly that Short Sterling has grasped an interest from me and it's in 72 scale. They used them to tow gliders after their bombing days were done. The Airfix one kinda leaves a lot to be desired.  Now we need gliders!

gary

For that you would need a Stirling (not Sterling btw) Mk IV (which was issued by Italeri in 2014) not the III that this kit is proposing. If you weren't already aware, the Italeri kit, whilst fairly good, has had a visit from the Matchbox panel liner & though the interior has some detail, it is somewhat fictious. As for gliders, Italeri also does the Horsa, which the Stirling certainly pulled.

-----------------

Edited by barkin mad
On 1/24/2022 at 11:57 AM, Dave Roof said:

They need to hurry up and release that F-35B! Have several Marines asking for models and I can't bring myself to build the Kittyhawk kit!

The F-35B is a much requested kit here too, I cant wait to see that one in 48th as the 72nd scale kit was quite nice

• 2 weeks later...