Underwhelming customer service from Luckymodel

First I want to say that I've used Luckymodel for four previous orders since 2015 with satisfactory results, but I wanted to share my most recent experience.  And for what it's worth, I have already contacted Luckymodel through their messaging system and I've also sent Raymond Chung a private message through ARC (without a response yet).

On October 16 of last year I ordered a GWH 1/48 Su-27 and a Meng 1/24 GT40 Mark II from Luckymodel.  They were both listed as In Stock on the website and I selected surface mail, knowing that it would probably take a couple of months for them to arrive.  Then I paid in full with Paypal.

So last week out of curiosity I logged back into my account to check on the status.  The order was "Packed - Queue to Postal" but not marked as shipped and unlike all of my previous orders, there was no tracking number associated with the order.  So I messaged their customer service through the website to ask about my order, "My order DO21/1000454489 dated 10/16/2021 doesn't look like it has ever been shipped. I'm trying to figure out the status of this order which I have already paid for, but haven't received."

Two days later, I get the following response, "Dear Cameron Lynch, your order will be shipped with our container soon Regards"

So I'm a bit annoyed.  I paid for an order three months ago, which they apparently never shipped.  Nor did they ever even notice that it hadn't shipped until I asked about it.  And now, three months later, they're going to put it on a container "soon".  So I'm going to get the order that I paid for in October in possibly June or July?  So I message back, "So I paid for the item on 10/16/2021 (3 months ago). The items were in stock at the time. You never shipped the item...and didn't notice until I brought it to your attention. And now you'll ship it "soon".  Really...it should be shipped "now" and you should also upgrade the shipping to Air Mail to make up for the fact that I have already waited 3 months."  The system says they read that message a couple of days ago, but I haven't had any response at all.

Am I being unreasonable here?

I've placed somewhere between 140 and 150 orders with LuckyModel over the past 13-14 years. All - and I do mean all - of the orders showed up. Granted, some took longer than others but I have received them all.

Despite the fact that I have received all items, some are still listed as "In progress" or "Packed - queue to Postal" when I log on to the LuckyModel website. So, despite the message you received from costumer service, I'd say there is a slight chance that you parcel just might be on its way already.  Add to that the massive amount of goods and cargo stuck in Asia just waiting to be shipped out, that may also delay the shipment of your kits.

Having said that: If you parcel haven't shipped yet, LuckyModel should of course have informed you of the delay.

there was a change at some point in 2021 for Surface Pkgs. they no longer have a tracking number assigned til it gets to the USA shipping partner. I think it has to do with the North America operations they have opened up. Let me ask Do you see a carton number? It usually starts with UE. That is the ID number used on the container ship..... One other thing did you click on your order number DO21/ XXXXXXXXXXXX if you do it opens up a pop up window and that has more info..... FYI I placed an order in September and it just got P/U'd by Fedex yesterday and will be here in a few days. I wasn't worried though cause I have placed about 75 orders and while I've had to wait a LONG time for some they always get here...HTH

A few points, I am a lucky model user and have made a number of purchases during the pandemic period. Currently I am waiting on two orders from lucky model.

Surface mail is listed as two - SIX months. I would only start to worry if it hadn't showed after 6 months. Shipping is absolutely crazy at the moment, I saw a video on youtube (from a model store) which said containers can sit in Long Beach for 6 weeks before even being unloaded, this has to be effecting availability of shipping to the USA.

Raymond is a great guy and will sort you out

The last order I received from lucky model was a 1/32 Tornado. Unfortunately the canopy was broken in transit, so I emailed LM customer service who said they will arrange a replacement. It's been a couple of months and I haven't heard anything, but I am not worried as I suspect global shipping delays are the reason.

Edited by Alternative 4

I've only ever had excellent customer service from LM. All orders showed up eventually, although in the last 6 months they took a lot longer than usual (~4 months instead of 2), which considering my past history with them I can only attribute to the Asian shipping crisis, especially in HK. Hang in there, your parcel will show up 😉

BTW I also have a GWH Su-27 and a Tamiya F-14A late on their way since October, I wish they were already there but I'm not worried at all 🙂

Arnaud

My last big Lucky order was sent surface to Canada. The queue to postal status is normal. The containers don't actually take 6 months to travel the distance, they seem to take a while to get underway, and then make stops at various points. My order took over 7 months to arrive. It did come safe and sound, and while its a long time to wait, I am certain that nothing Lucky did was incorrect. I am sure it is the same situation for Mr Lynch's order.

Even before the global shipping issues, China's issues, etc I would not have expected to see my items until around the six month mark plus or minus a month. When and how they ship is on them. My last order took awhile, but I did get it. 

You all are completely missing the point.  I am aware of the shipping delays associated with surface shipping.  That isn't the problem.  The problem is that it seems that Luckymodel took my order and my money three months ago...and NEVER SHIPPED the order.  Furthermore they never noticed that they hadn't shipped the order until I asked them about it.  And after they figured it out...they seem to think that I'm ok with them just putting the order on another container at some undefined point in the future so I can start the surface mail shipping clock again, rather than prioritizing my order and getting it out now and possibly even upgrading it to airmail to make up for the fact that they NEVER SHIPPED the order in the first place.

We haven't missed anything. You seem to be taking meaning from Lucky's message that isn't there. They never said that your order never shipped. They said it hadn't departed in its assigned container. Maybe they needed to wait for space on a ship, or maybe they need to wait to fill a container themselves, but either way, that process is normal and part of the reason for the long and cheap cost associated with surface shipping. So yes, your anger is misplaced.

In their reply to my message THEY ACKNOWLEDGED that it hadn't shipped and indicated it would go out "soon" in another container.  All of the defense of Luckymodel is charming...but I think Raymond is capable of defending himself if he ever bothers to respond.

Edited by Cameron Lynch

Dear Carmeron

First of all, i am sorry for the trouble caused. Thr 2020/2021 is a tough year for cross country mail order business. 

As for your case and other customer in US and Canada, those who use surfacemail is not send by Hk post. As the current HK post surface mail postage cost and delivery time is out of control. Some surface mail packet take 6 months to arrive with an expensive cost. No to mention the mail loss. 

We were told the delay or loss was causes by the backlog and all kinds of logistics barrier we had. 

Thus all surface mail to Us and Canada are now shipped with our container leaving HK every 2 months. But 2021/q3 is a nightmare in container shipping, it takes 6 weeks to wait to unload the container from the vessel. Thus taking the whole process to get the goods in 6-7 months. But at least we ensure where it is within our own shipping routing. 

And for Canada customer, we now have a local office in Vancouver to reroute the parcel once it arrive via the canada post.

But we cannot assign the tracking before the goods arrive Canada. 

So our system will show the ETA reported from our forwarder. 

All sept/oct shipment arrived US boarder in jan and now the Canada shipment is being imported in Canada, and you will recieve it soon. 

Besides,if you are a canada customer you will see the canada stock after you login (if we have stock in Canada) . So it will be shipped locally without crossing boarder.

For air mail Hkpost has grounded all air mail to US Canada at the moment until feb 4, but not sure if it reopen soon. 

In short the cov19 policy in HK kills us, so we are start loading the stock to our overseas warehouse now. 

Pleaese PM if you need further assistant

27 minutes ago, Cameron Lynch said:

In their reply to my message THEY ACKNOWLEDGED that it hadn't shipped and indicated it would go out "soon" in another container.  All of the defense of Luckymodel is charming...but I think Raymond is capable of defending himself if he ever bothers to respond.

This is a ridiculous reply. If you didn't want us to opine, then why create the topic? Your anger is charming... but next time get air shipping. They didn't acknowledge anything. Their reply to your first message was that the container with your order would depart soon. It says nothing about them not readying your order at the time you placed it.

EDIT: Despite you rudely dismissing replies to your topic, as per Raymond himself, we are correct.

Edited by Specter1075
1 hour ago, Cameron Lynch said:

You all are completely missing the point.  I am aware of the shipping delays associated with surface shipping.  That isn't the problem.  The problem is that it seems that Luckymodel took my order and my money three months ago...and NEVER SHIPPED the order.  Furthermore they never noticed that they hadn't shipped the order until I asked them about it.  And after they figured it out...they seem to think that I'm ok with them just putting the order on another container at some undefined point in the future so I can start the surface mail shipping clock again, rather than prioritizing my order and getting it out now and possibly even upgrading it to airmail to make up for the fact that they NEVER SHIPPED the order in the first place.

I don't think any of us are missing the point. I fully expect my order I just placed to be in a que like last time and eventually it will ship and eventually it'll get here around the six month mark maybe shorter, maybe longer. The "surface mail clock" is 2-6 months total time as you saw when you selected that shipping to save money, and its only been 3 months! If you wanted it sooner or to avoid the well known shipping issues between China/HK and the US you could have paid for airmail or gone to Colpar hobbies and just paid retail. 

Really, you're fortunate to be still getting items like this at a cut rate cost of $20 shipping and contact with a stand up like Raymond. Add on top of it the disruptions Covid has caused and you're very fortunate. Humility, patience, and gratitude go a long way these days. 

Raymond has always been a very class act. He has always helped me out in my orders, and I am one of those very impatient people who hates to wait. It is too bad that this Covid pandemic has pretty much put a huge bind into everyone's lives, but it's where we are at and will be still for a long time to come. Patience and kindness is the key folks. I think the big guy in the sky wants us to realize this. 🙂

Happy Modelling

Brad