How do I fix this issue with a Caracal decal?

Hi guys!  I'm new to using Caracal decals and I've been enjoying their subjects and artwork!  A question, however.  I've been finishing up my 1/48 F-94B using Caracal set # CD 48134.  I used Bare Metal Foil on the entire aircraft.  I began to apply the decals for the US national markings and then I let them sit overnight.  I didn't use any form of setting solutions at all.  I just applied the decals straight to the plane without any pre- or post-application solutions.  When I checked on the decals the following day, several of the decals had curled and partially separated from the plane.  I then applied some MircroSol and let it do its thing.  That did the trick in helping the decals adhere to the surface, but the clear film around the edges of the decals left a crispy white raised ridge around the decals.  I applied a second coat of MicroSol thinking it might help, but it didn't. 

I was wondering if anyone else had ever run into something like this.  I'm only asking here on the Caracal page because I've never had this happen with any other decals that I've used on foil.  Thoughts?  Advice?

Thanks!

Eric

PS.  On a side note, this only happened to the US cockades and the red warning stripe around the rear of the fuselage.  All the other decals (buzz numbers, no step, squadron patches & tail markings) are just fine.

Edited by echolmberg
Added the post script

Not exactly similar but I had issues recently with The T-33 1/48 Oregon ANG sheet. Even in warm water the decals did not want to release from the sheet. They did eventually after a very long soaking but had to be nudged to get moving off the sheet. They applied as normal, I use micro sol/set. Dried in place, and then fell off the model, they didn’t bond at all. Luckily I had only applied a few of the markings before figuring this out. Not sure if it’s an adhesive problem or what, solved it by adding a drop of white glue to the water, and a puddle of future where they are placed on the model. 

as a side note, I own 20+ Caracal sheets, this is the third sheet I’ve used, the other two I had no issues with. I love the subject matter and quality of the product, and it will not detour me from continuing to purchase sheets from Kursad! I own more Caracal sheets than any other manufacturer! It never dawned on me to contact Kursad, as I thought it was an isolated incident given my previous use of the decals, and I figured out a solution.

Charlie, I am very much like you in that this little blip in the road will not deter me from purchasing more Caracal sheets in the future.  I purchased one of his Skyraider sheets not too long ago and I am utterly amazed at the number of aircraft marking options available on just this one sheet alone!

I have an F-94A planned for the future after I get done with my current F-94B.  When I do that one, I'll be sure to try your white glue and Future tricks.

On a side note, I'm surprised your decals required such long soaking!  With this set that I'm using, the decals are ready to come off the backing in just a few seconds; a feature that I've been greatly enjoying.

Just a note that I have absolutely zero input on how the physical decal is printed, aside from providing design files to the printing company. As far as I know there is nothing that differentiates a Cartograf-printed decal from Manufacturer A and Manufacturer B. It is not like I am sending them a special sauce to mix in with the ink, or supplying my own artisan-made backing paper from kale leaves or something. 

Obviously there can be problems like this because of any variations in the printing process in that batch or the conditions that the decals are stored in.

I have an email address clearly posted at the Web site; so please contact me there if you have a problem like this  again. Please send me an e-mail there and I will send you a replacement sheet before I send this thread away into oblivion.

Edited by KursadA
11 minutes ago, KursadA said:

Just a note that I have absolutely zero input on how the physical decal is printed, aside from providing design files to the printing company. As far as I know there is nothing that differentiates a Cartograf-printed decal from Manufacturer A and Manufacturer B. It is not like I am sending them a special sauce to mix in with the ink, or supplying my own artisan-made backing paper from kale leaves or something. 

Obviously there can be problems like this because of any variations in the printing process in that batch or the conditions that the decals are stored in.

I have an email address clearly posted at the Web site; so please contact me there if you have a problem like this  again. Please send me an e-mail there and I will send you a replacement sheet before I send this thread away into oblivion.

Thank you Kursad, I don’t blame you, I realize other than artwork you have no control over the production, and no replacement needed, I got them to work for me on the kit I was building. I appreciate the offer though! 

Charlie

As I mentioned there is nothing on that particular F-94 sheet that makes it physically different from any other Microscale-printed decal, so it is not a "problem with a Caracal decal".  Things like this can occasionally occur with decals printed by both of the printing companies I use.  Send me an e-mail and I will sort it out.

Hello Kursad!  I wanted to apologize if I was giving any implication that your decals were substandard by any means.  That was not my intent at all and if it came across as such, it was only because of poor word choices on my part.  As I had mentioned, I will be using your decals for my F-94A as well as for my future Skyraiders and I'm sure many other future products as well.  Not once have I even come close to thinking your products were defective at all.  The only reason I brought up my issue in this forum was because I figured maybe others who were/are more familiar with Caracal decals could point out what I was doing wrong. This has been my first time using Caracal, so I figured maybe there was something I could have done better.

No need to apologize at all - I just sent you an e-mail to help you sort out the issue. I am leaving the thread as is so folks can read that there is no special physical characteristic to my decals. If you have an issue about the instructions, design etc. I am always willing to step in and improve things; but the actual printing is something I have no control on.