"Best" 1/32 Scale Model Kits?

On 1/28/2022 at 12:01 PM, Curt B said:

I looked for some info on the 1/32 B-25, and I came upon this utterly spectacular build in Britmodeller:  https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235083116-pacific-wwii-b-25-j-strafer-132-hk-model-kit/  Anyone considering a 1/32 B-25 build ought to take look a this, in my humble opinion.

Not my usual tastes, but that build is just spectacular!

Andy

On 1/27/2022 at 8:04 PM, Curt B said:

I understand.  I have the 1/48 GWH Su-27 (still in the box), and that plane is HUGE!  I'm not sure what you were getting at in 'considering', but I'm guessing your thought was that a 1/32 WWII fighter wouldn't be any more of a shelf hog than one of the larger 1/48 modern fighters, right? 

Correct.

Great topic. I have a completed Tamiya F-16C on top of my cabinet at work and I enjoy seeing it every day. Very precise, not the least bit fiddly, and just a joy to build, as was the Tamiya P-51D. I have a Hasegawa Bf-109G in the stash and I assume it would be a similar experience - but I'm selling it. Too many projects going, not enough years remaining. I would love to build a Tamiya Corsair just for the radial engine experience. 

Buy the best - you won't be disappointed!

If space is an issue and you like WWI aircraft, look for Copper State Models kits or WingNut Wings out of production kits. If WWII aircraft appeals look for the recent ICM kits like the Gloster Gladiator releases, the I-153 Chaika, the I-16, or the CR.42. A real gem however is the IBG PZL P.11C: https://www.hyperscale.com/2021/reviews/kits/ibg32004reviewbg_1.htm     For jets I'd suggest the Tamiya F-16.

Cheers,  Tom

I rather enjoyed building the old Revell Bf110 G-4.
Not a particularly good or detailed kit in its own right but there was so much scope for extras it turned into rather an enjoyable build in the end.

Revell have made a lot of not so great but very enjoyable 32nd scale kits over the years.