1/144 Academy F-15C modified to a RSAF 142 SQN F-15SG

Here's my rendition of a F-15SG an advanced variant of the F-15E Strike Eagle. I used the Academy 1/144 F-15 kit to implement the necessary modifications using scratch-built parts. Had to cut out the cockpit to add the crew and seats and dressed up the cockpit. Had the kit canopy replaced as it was that of a F-15A/C.

Added the scratch-built CFTs and pylons. Added the MAWS and the relevant external bumps as well.

Created my own decals depicting S/N 8322 with the Best Fighter Squadron Award 2019 badge on the CFT near to the air intake. 142 SQN was formed in 1976 flying the refurbished A-4S Skyhawks which was upgraded locally to A-4SUs. The Squadron was deactivated in 2005. It was reactivated in 2016 when the number of F-15SGs were enough to form a new squadron. The Squadron emblem bore a new look Gryphon. Enjoy the photos.

ARC 01.jpg

ARC 02.jpg

ARC 03.jpg

ARC 04.jpg

ARC 05.jpg

ARC 06.jpg

ARC 07.jpg

ARC 08.jpg

Wow. The Academy is a re-release of the ancient LS kit, which is an F-15A and a very bare bones one at that with no pylons, cockpit, or anything really. You did an intense amount of work to turn it into a two-seater and bring the details up to the modern era. Your pylons really look good, and I really like how you modified the tail booms. Really great work.

Are those third-party seats or did you scratchbuild those too?

Hi spejic. Thank you for your nice comments. Yes, the original kit is bare. This is by far an extensive amount of mods that I have to put in to bring the build to a reasonable resemblance of actual plane I hope. The seats were scratch-built too. Glad that you 

Best regards

S K Loh