Do 335A Tamiya 1/48

I was looking for a quick build that would allow me to try masking markings.  I've wanted to build this unique aircraft for years and seemed like a good way to kick start my modeling again.  It's a good kit but me being me... still had to do a little clean up in places.  The markings were cut on the Silhouette Cameo using Tamiya sheets.  It didn't work out as well as I had hoped but was a decent first effort.  I had to do some repair work in a few places.  In frustration, I did use decals for the markings under the wings.  Also, this was my first use of Hataka lacquer paints and did post shading.  Unfortunately, the post shading on the dark green doesn't show so well in the pictures and lite green shows more than in person.  I'll getting more of those in the future.  Overall, happy to have a model done after close to a year since the last one.  

a2iAqQl.jpg

5COOlDJ.jpg

5BfPgHB.jpg

WANUEvS.jpg

n5ghIHm.jpg

GBus4Bx.jpg

Edited by Rodney

Wow, that is stellar work! Love the camo and weathering, I think your post-shading is pretty authentic, as far as I can tell from the photos.  Congrats on a really successful build after your hiatus from modeling. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2022 at 12:57 PM, vonjhn68 said:

Great work!

I wish Tamiya would re-release this kit.  They are big bucks on the aftermarket.

Cheers,

John

Thank you!

Rodney

• 1 month later...