Error in the 1/72 and 1/48 NASA F-104G Decals Instruction sheet?

Hi everyone

I had posted a similar message earlier in the original NASA F-104G thread but I suspect that it got buried pretty quickly as the subject title did not highlight my question. For all of you who used either the 1/72 or 1/48 NASA F-104G dcal sheet, you should be able to help. 

I just started to use these decals (1/48th) on a Hasegawa F-104 build and I have a question. Have the decal numbers for the aft blue stripes (12 & 13) been switched on the instruction sheet? I am thinking that the thicker part of the strip should be above the wing but if you follow the instructions then this would be below the wing. I plan on reversing the decals from how they are shown on the instruction sheet but I thought it prudent to ask here before I commit and screw up my stripes, especially as these fantastic decals are out of stock now! Even though I am working with the 1/48 scale decals, the instruction sheet for the 1/72 version is identical as far as I can see. Thanks for your help.

Have fun modeling!

Mike

Hi Mike,

I just checked the artwork and the instruction sheet drawings; and you are absolutely right. The thicker part of the strip should be above the wings. Although I would check the distance from the wing root to the intake and ensure that the decal fits this length on your kit. It's been a while since I designed this sheet, but the curvature of the fuselage probably would require some painting and touch up to get things straight anyway.

Thank you Kursad!!!! Your confirmation is really helpful. I like your suggestion and will check that that the distance between the wing root and intake will fit. I don't have any problem with touching up the stripe.

Thanks again for the confirmation. While I am in the early stages of decaling the 104, your decal artwork and the print quality is first rate. 

I am looking forward to receiving the NASA F-15 decals, you are on a roll!

Have fun modeling!

Mike