On 1/29/2022 at 1:47 AM, ChesshireCat said:

I just saw that Hobby 2000 is going to release the old Fujimi Skyhawks kits in 72nd scale along with a couple Hasegawa Hs129's. Those Skyhawks are really great kits, and near impossible to find

gary

They've already released some a few years ago, like the A-4M and OA-4M. They are adding new ones soon, like the TA-4J with some cool decals. This is all good news for A-4 fans. Hopefully they keep releasing new ones eventually.

The only one I really want is the A-4F Super Fox, but that seems a bit unlikely. It was released by Fujimi, but only a limited release at a higher price. Which was just about the non-inflation-adjusted price of a Hobby 2000 A-4M and a A-4E together. I guess I talked myself into it.

Edited by spejic
On 1/31/2022 at 11:30 PM, ChesshireCat said:

The Fujimi kits are the big dog in that scale. Their Tomcat is not all that bad either, but think the Academy kit took it another level. I really liked the Fujimi A6 series; I might add

gary

Cant say I really liked their A-6E because of the control surfaces. Only the leading edge surfaces are posable while the trailing edge is left to the modeller to do or leave as is while the Italeri kit has the folded wings.

I just got the TA-4J this thursday. Gotta say this does kind of feel like christmass. The Fujimi Skyhawks used to cost an arm, a leg and sometimes a firstborn.

May I ask, what was the difference between the Super Fox and A-4E boxings? Except the decals? I always thought the A-4E and F boxings were the same, plasticwise.

17 hours ago, Thadeus said:

I just got the TA-4J this thursday. Gotta say this does kind of feel like christmass. The Fujimi Skyhawks used to cost an arm, a leg and sometimes a firstborn.

May I ask, what was the difference between the Super Fox and A-4E boxings? Except the decals? I always thought the A-4E and F boxings were the same, plasticwise.

I never got it myself so I'm not sure, but the Super Fox requires the two A-4M fuselage sprues which gives you the properly shaped rudder with the ALR-45, and the larger A-4M intakes. And you need the front fuselage of the E/F, which happens to be attached to one of those main fuselage sprues. I assume Fujimi was able to switch around the kind of front fuselage and rear fuselage that came on that sprue, because the A-4KU boxing (which I did get) came with a A-4M front and a A-4E/F rear.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:11 PM, Hajo L. said:

Wasn´t there also a longer exhaust on the Super Fox?

HAJO

Only on Israely A-4H and A-4N's. Some A-4H's where sold to Indonesia through clandestine means