SBARC please come in.........

Steve. I had to clear 326 SPAMS this morning.

PLEASE, give a couple more guys mod power. And PLEASE make new members answer a couple of questions to become members.

That alone will slow this dump of spam I am dealing with from Korea.

Alvis is in the same town and is friends with Steve.  I've just sent him a PM to try to reach out to Steve for some help.  I also sent a PM to Neo, who is an admin on the site, so should(?) have the same powers as Steve (ie.,he can appoint mods, too), but has been on here as recently as today, though apparently only posts in the B/S/T section now.  Being Super Moderators, it's possible that both Alvis and Terry Sumner might be able to appoint new mods, too.  It's been a while since I dug around in IPB.  (at the very least, they CAN help delete the SPAM).

Are any of these four on Facebook?  Maybe it'd help to try reaching out there, too.  Or if anyone has a direct email to them, reach out that way.

Though it seems like there isn't much actual interest, concern or will to do anything about it.  

For those not on Facebook, there has been no activity on his personal page since August of 2021, and those were birthday wishes by friends that weren't acknowledged by Steve himself.

An email sent a few months ago was never returned either. Admittedly, I was initially a bit irritated as he appeared to just be blowing everyone off. Now, like others, I am growing increasingly concerned. Sincerely hope everything is okay. 

Steve is ok BUT, ARC isn't bringing in any financial gains and due to some other problems he is now forced to work three jobs and over 110 hours a week. So he has no time at the present to maintain the daily postings on the ARC main page. I would help him but unfortunately I don't know the first thing about doing web sites.  I maintain the Facebook presence for him but that's all I can do...

...maybe a little uncalled for? For the past few decades now, Steve's generosity to provide this wonderful online home for us has been unwavering and incredibly selfless.  Now that awful times have beset his family, we should be able to cut him some slack....

Edited by phantom
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys 

So the forums licence has expired, removing spam protection. 

Another point that may happen is hosting and domain might also expire at some point.

I've mention this in the mod section and in pm's i do have admin rights on the forums from when i helped restore the forums after the big crash and doing the group builds modifications, but i do not have Steve's concent todo any modifications. 

11 hours ago, Neo said:

Hi guys 

Another point that may happen is hosting and domain might also expire at some point.

I've mention this in the mod section and in pm's i do have admin rights on the forums from when i helped restore the forums after the big crash and doing the group builds modifications, but i do not have Steve's concent todo any modifications. 

I hope we do not lose the forums. There is much information on here, especially on build topics with photos et.al

53 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I hope we do not lose the forums. There is much information on here, especially on build topics with photos et.al

Agree, it's probably the best one out there. Lot's of great, very talented people on here. The fact that we haven't heard from Steve is very concerning, hopefully he is ok.

Steve

On 4/5/2022 at 10:24 PM, Neo said:

Hi guys 

Neo, can you set up the two running GBs? F-16 and F-18 are currently running out of the in progress section.