spam spam spam spam spam baked beans and spam

11 hours ago, Alternative 4 said:

I will happily mod and delete spam. My fee is Pinot Noir 🤪.

But seriously, this place has been good to me over the years so I am happy to help out.

Ah, a person of taste and refinement.  NZ Sauvignon Blanc is also quite the "go to" when I'm at our local warehouse store.  Back on topic:  I put all the spammers on "ignore" last night and while I didn't see any change immediately, today they are gone.  If I did it, that's the ticket.  If a "higher power" here did it, great. But they're gone.

7 hours ago, jonwinn said:

I don't come here at night for fear of getting hacked. I lost a computer a few years back due to that. I sign out before the hyroglyphs start. Is this site still safe? jon

As far as I can tell......yes?

I think its one or two guys manually putting 6 spams in under each new name. Never "clicked" on them, as I do not read Korean. I "think" its a gambling site, but dont know for sure.

Habu, your right, any minute now until the early morning (my time). They are 14 hours ahead of me. So 09:00 am there till around 15:00;. I guess spamming is buddies full time job.

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

Who ever cleared last nights spam!!!!

THANKYOU!!!

Great to learn that someone else has helped out after 10 days of you tackling it solo...

....us mere mortals are very grateful to you, and to whoever's also now stepped up! 👍

12 hours ago, Neo said:

Hey guys just added captcha to registration, this should help preventing bots. You may get CAPTCHA on login

Might have done the trick, only had to erase 1 , ONE!!!!!! spam last night.

Just to let you all know, there are varying degrees of Moderators/Admins.  There are only two Admin, who have access to everything (that I know of)...Steve and Neo. Then there are 5 or 6 Super Moderators who can do ALMOST everything except make changes to the forum like Neo just did with the reCaptcha thing. Then there are Moderators who were put in place specifically for Group Builds to handle them. As a Super Mod I don't have the ability to make changes to the forum so I'm very happy that Neo did that with our (Super Mods) blessings! And as for me, well I handle the 15.3 thousand member Facebook ARC group all by myself so I don't have as much time as I used to to devote to the forum.  But I have virtually eliminated SPAM on the FB group and it is running very smoothly now. I'm very happy about that....

Ive seen its not all that hard to control spam on facebook with a little bit of forethought about what members you let into the group.

If you was to open up a facebook group in the same manner this forum is open, in that a facebook user simply clicks join group and they can post as they like, then it gets impossible to control and it would take up all your time.

For the most part with good member control facebook groups tend to run themselves from small groups with tens of thousands like ARC to groups with hundreds of thousands and millions.

19 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Ive seen its not all that hard to control spam on facebook with a little bit of forethought about what members you let into the group.

If you was to open up a facebook group in the same manner this forum is open, in that a facebook user simply clicks join group and they can post as they like, then it gets impossible to control and it would take up all your time.

For the most part with good member control facebook groups tend to run themselves from small groups with tens of thousands like ARC to groups with hundreds of thousands and millions.

Exactly!