ResKit F-111 Cockpits/Escape Capsule

Not to sound critical before product release but does anyone have concerns about ResKit investing all this effort to create 3D CAD and 3D printing of replacement parts for the HobbyBoss F-111 family but not correct the Canopy lines, but re-using the incorrect HB canopy.

Any thoughts from those who may have been involved or seen the images on FB or at HobbyEasy

Thanks!

Mike B

56 minutes ago, MikeDadofFour said:

Not to sound critical before product release but does anyone have concerns about ResKit investing all this effort to create 3D CAD and 3D printing of replacement parts for the HobbyBoss F-111 family but not correct the Canopy lines, but re-using the incorrect HB canopy.

Any thoughts from those who may have been involved or seen the images on FB or at HobbyEasy

Thanks!

Mike B

Not sure what you're referring to, but everything I've read says the entire canopy/cockpit area is part of the new set. This includes new and corrected clear canopy/windscreen parts. 

15 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Not sure what you're referring to, but everything I've read says the entire canopy/cockpit area is part of the new set. This includes new and corrected clear canopy/windscreen parts. 

I've IM'd them on instant messenger, many times about this set and, they have said what Dave has replied above. I've also inquired about the wheel bays and bomb bays and they told me it's not happening soon but, in the future.

Steve

5 minutes ago, ijozic said:

Perhaps they'll do a basic cockpit detail set (as shown above) and then another correction set which would include new clear parts and the escape pod?

The escape pod is already part of the "update set".

Steve

8 minutes ago, Petarvu said:

No corrected windshield make no sense in correction set,it is kits most glaring error.

I planned to buy 3 sets but if w/s is off it kills it for me...

We'll just have to wait and see the final product, hopefully soon.

Steve

A simple search for the Hobby boss kit sprues shows that they are not re-using the clear parts from the kit.  It looks like they've gone custom injection molded for those parts.  Also note that the clear parts for the opening portions of the canopy are designed to fit into the resin frame parts.

On 2/5/2022 at 8:56 PM, sigtau said:

A simple search for the Hobby boss kit sprues shows that they are not re-using the clear parts from the kit.  It looks like they've gone custom injection molded for those parts.  Also note that the clear parts for the opening portions of the canopy are designed to fit into the resin frame parts.

Then it does correct the awful Hobby Boss capsule area?

32 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Not only does it fix the canopy problem it also adds a rather nice cockpit

It does look really nice, hopefully it's 100% correct.

These are supposedly doing the following cockpits, for the HobbyBoss kit;

F-111A/E

F-111C/F late

F-111D

FB-111

EF-111

Steve

On 2/7/2022 at 2:44 PM, A-10 LOADER said:

Yes.

Steve

Then I'm all in. I have HB F-111s, one and EF and one a D/E I gave up trying to figure out how to graph the squadron canopy on the HB capsule. Would love to have an Aardvark in the stable. Intakes would be nice also. Maybe Phase Hanger at some point?

18 hours ago, Blain said:

Then I'm all in. I have HB F-111s, one and EF and one a D/E I gave up trying to figure out how to graph the squadron canopy on the HB capsule. Would love to have an Aardvark in the stable. Intakes would be nice also. Maybe Phase Hanger at some point?

Not the Squadron vac canopy, but the Academy one it's based on:

200607_aca_canopy_on_hb_kit.jpg