ResKit F-111 Cockpits/Escape Capsule

7 hours ago, Geoff M said:

?

Well there were 3 versions of the F-111F cockpit. Ive not seen the 3D decals so I cant say if the version on sale right now is with or without the Pacer Strike upgrade that 58 of the F-111F fleet received. 

I do know, looking at the photos, it has the Pave Tack pod scope which means this cant really be used for an F-111F before Pave tack was added to the fleet, so nothing just after Ready Switch (which was what put the Fs at Lakenheath from Mountain Home).

There is also no F-111E AMP cockpit.

1 hour ago, A-10 LOADER said:

There's one in the kit.

Steve

Bit feeble as an answer dont you think considering we are talking about a resin replacement cockpit.

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Well there were 3 versions of the F-111F cockpit. Ive not seen the 3D decals so I cant say if the version on sale right now is with or without the Pacer Strike upgrade that 58 of the F-111F fleet received. 

I do know, looking at the photos, it has the Pave Tack pod scope which means this cant really be used for an F-111F before Pave tack was added to the fleet, so nothing just after Ready Switch (which was what put the Fs at Lakenheath from Mountain Home).

Bit feeble as an answer dont you think considering we are talking about a resin replacement cockpit.

Hi Electro,

Going by your tag I get that you are a real F-111 fan and you take it very seriously.  I am able to accept some things that you would not in a kit.   Personally, I don't have any idea what a F-111 cockpit looks like never having been around them and I couldn't tell you if the 3d decals replicate it or not.  I take it with a grain of salt that the company making them did my work for me.  I do know that the F-111 was a very capable airplane and did a majority of the important bombing in Desert Storm.  Based on that I would like to have one in my collection, will it be perfect; so-so.

Geoff M

40 minutes ago, cruiz said:

Good news to see this released; I'm thinking about growing my Vietnam era model stash; as far as I know, the only version used there was the F-111A. Is that correct?.

Carlos

That is correct.  2 separate deployments.  

35 minutes ago, Geoff M said:

Hi Electro,

Going by your tag I get that you are a real F-111 fan and you take it very seriously.  I am able to accept some things that you would not in a kit.   Personally, I don't have any idea what a F-111 cockpit looks like never having been around them and I couldn't tell you if the 3d decals replicate it or not.  I take it with a grain of salt that the company making them did my work for me.  I do know that the F-111 was a very capable airplane and did a majority of the important bombing in Desert Storm.  Based on that I would like to have one in my collection, will it be perfect; so-so.

Geoff M

Fair play, Im with you on that one to be honest with you as any cockpit thats close would be good enough for me because none of them have been so far.

Every F-111 Ive built has been the bas***d child of Frankenstein to get it looking something "close to accurate".

15 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

You said "no F without PaveTack" and I said that there's one in the kit. Why is that a feeble answer ??, it's better than nothing. RES/KIT has plans to do the wheel wells, bomb bay and, intakes at some point. Hopefully a PaveTack pod down the road as well. They have a lot of other things going on besides F-111 parts.

Steve

37 minutes ago, A-10 LOADER said:

You said "no F without PaveTack" and I said that there's one in the kit. Why is that a feeble answer ??, it's better than nothing. RES/KIT has plans to do the wheel wells, bomb bay and, intakes at some point. Hopefully a PaveTack pod down the road as well. They have a lot of other things going on besides F-111 parts.

Steve

Because the whole idea to to replace the kit parts, and the kit isnt accurate for any cockpit. They layout on the right side is wrong.

1 hour ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Steve

You misunderstood him. He wasn't saying there's no Pave Tack, he was saying ResKit have not produced a cockpit for an F without Pave Tack. Which I think was pretty obvious from the context.

Jon