ResKit F-111 Cockpits/Escape Capsule

On 11/4/2022 at 7:40 AM, ijozic said:

What exactly are the differences between them? From the photos, it would seem that both 'early' and 'late' cockpits have Pave Tack VID screens so the 'late' one might be the Pacer Strike modification with MFDs?

I'm confused as well--am trying to get them to use more specific terminology. To me, there were three 'F' cockpits: pre-PAVE Tack, PAVE Tack, and Pacer Strike. All of their sprues include the VID and the instructions don't show what are on the cockpit decals. If I find out, I'll post something here.

5 hours ago, Pete Beck said:

Received the late F model cockpit today. It does have the Pacer Strike MFD's on the instrument panel decals. I also picked up three of the ladders and they are absolutely beautiful!!!

Thanks for clearing that up. Each ladder set contains two ladders, right (i.e. one for the pilot, one for the WSO)?

I guess I'm waiting for their intake and wheel bay sets next.

BTW, not sure if it was posted already, there's a nice video review of one of the cockpit sets (D/E) here

4 hours ago, Pete Beck said:

Yes...two ladders per set. Waiting on all the other goodies also. I'm hoping that they include the Pave Tack pod/cradle when they release the bomb bay sets. I've never been able to find detailed photos of this.

Have they announced a weapons bay set ?

I heard on the Models for Ukraine podcast that they sold 2000 cockpit sets since they were released. They made a ton of money from them, and I'd have to think other F-111 sets would be a high priority for them. All I've seen is that more is coming, not what specifically.

Here's the stuff they announced they were working on back in August:

F-111 "Aardvark" development plan 2022/23
F-111 BRU-3A Bomb Rack Units
F-111 Pylons
F-111 Triple Plow I Air Intakes
F-111 Triple Plow II Air Intakes
F-111 Wheel bay with landing gear
F-111 Bomb bay
F-111 Front electronic bay
7 minutes ago, arnobiz said:

I got a bit lost on the reviews regarding the F-111 cockpit module: Did they or did they not correct the HB canopy shape issue?

Sort of, IIRC.  I think they improved it, but don’t think it was completely fixed because there were some limitations based on keeping the dimensions within the “box” of the kit escape capsule area.

On 11/11/2022 at 4:21 AM, Pete Beck said:

Here's the stuff they announced they were working on back in August:

F-111 "Aardvark" development plan 2022/23
F-111 BRU-3A Bomb Rack Units
F-111 Pylons
F-111 Triple Plow I Air Intakes
F-111 Triple Plow II Air Intakes
F-111 Wheel bay with landing gear
F-111 Bomb bay
F-111 Front electronic bay

Where as what we really need is corrected wing flaps and the external bomb bay pylon for the pave tack pod.

16 hours ago, arnobiz said:

I got a bit lost on the reviews regarding the F-111 cockpit module: Did they or did they not correct the HB canopy shape issue?

Neither canopy is correct, but Academy's is less incorrect. Without redoing the whole front fuselage, ResKit had to make their canopy fit the Hobby Boss kit. Attached are two pics, one of the measurements of the actual cockpit taken by Keith Sullivan and one of the Academy canopy on the ResKit capsule designed to fit the too-

wide Hobby Boss fuselage.

220615-1-48_academy_canopy_on_reskit_capsule.jpg

f-111_capsule-keith_sullivan.jpg