Hello all guys,

I need desperately a hi-rez scan of the Bullseye decals sheet dedicated to the Desert Storm F-16s, precisely the nose art of the Part 2.

Is intended for a personal project , absolutely not commercial use guys.

This's my last call before eventually buy a sheet, a waste of money as I'm a 72nd guy as many of you know ( BTW is a real shame that the decals aren't downscaled to  1/72....)

Thanks for any help!!!

Gianni

Now you understand why choices in 1/72 scale are “sparse” and the market favors 1/48 scale when it comes to aftermarket decals. Almost all of the Shaw DS nose art can be found on the web somewhere. Which Shaw 363rd TFW tail number / nose art were you looking for specifically?

Edited by MarkH

Hello guys and thank to spend time for me.

I need pratically all the nose art , for Shaw and the few other for the skin of a Sim Mod.

I'm struggle to find ones that can be used as decals cause, obviously, the pics of real things ( there're a lot) had prospective problems and cannot be easily adopted on the 3D model of the game, till now I was able to realize only a couple...

Habu, you're right about Isra, but even so I found out only a poor scan image unfortunately, an example on the attached image

I was able to realize quite some for Brit Tonka, as the side of the Tornado are quite "plain", but the F-16 beautiful lines cause alot of distortion on the nose-arts

ddb4b4_66fc550823ab4f328fdbc88a3d34645b.jpg

Edited by kurnass77

While I completely understand why you need them, it really isn't cool to ask someone to scan a decal companies product in high resolution and send it to you. Most of us are pretty approachable and I'd be willing to bet that if you contacted Scott, he'd probably try to help you out. He may charge you a small fee, but this would be a better road to travel than infringing on his companies copyright. 

2 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

While I completely understand why you need them, it really isn't cool to ask someone to scan a decal companies product in high resolution and send it to you. Most of us are pretty approachable and I'd be willing to bet that if you contacted Scott, he'd probably try to help you out. He may charge you a small fee, but this would be a better road to travel than infringing on his companies copyright. 

You're pefectly right Dave, and wasn't absolutely my intention done something that can damage the work of people like you or the Bullseye guys, since started do small mod for the SF2 sim series I bacame more aware of the great effort needed for research references for historycal correctness, so I'll apologize if I wasn't too savvy about my request, but I was totally in bona fide, thust me.

Piracy hit hard me in the past and I literally hate it, so I fight in allway I can any pirated products, arriving to say no at a pair of commision work for this reason.

I don't think absolutely to contact Scott, probably because I don't want disturb for such stupid request to a man that surely worked so hard to obtain a great product and will renew my apologize if was too easy in  my request.

Gianni

Edited by kurnass77
12 minutes ago, kurnass77 said:

A sent a request of help to Scott, indipendently from I obtain something or not.

Also if this post can be intended if offensive in any way, I'll please SBARC to remove it from the Forum, thanks.

Gianni

If you sent it through ARC, there's a great chance he won't see it. If you're on Facebook, sending a message via the Bullseye page should get you a response. I wouldn't worry about deleting this post. It isn't end of world stuff.

While I understand and agree with copyright infringement issues when copying a decal sheet, I have to ask - did anyone obtain permission from Warren Trask when they made their decal sheets?  It's my understanding Trask copyrighted his artwork.

Edited by habu2
20 minutes ago, habu2 said:

While I understand and agree with copyright infringement issues when copying a decal sheet, I have to ask - did anyone obtain permission from Warren Trask when they made their decal sheets?  It's my understanding Trask copyrighted his artwork.

Yes, as a matter of fact they did. Scott has great connections and like many of us, does things by the book when it comes to his sheets. Even got a license to cover Australian Hornets back during the Afterburner days. 

7 hours ago, habu2 said:

Interesting that he was able to copyright it.  When I worked as a government contractor, the government owned everything I created.  I had no right to any intellectual property I created while working there.  My current private sector employer also owns everything I create and I have zero rights to take anything with me.

On 2/14/2022 at 4:55 PM, sigtau said:

Interesting that he was able to copyright it.  When I worked as a government contractor, the government owned everything I created.  I had no right to any intellectual property I created while working there.  My current private sector employer also owns everything I create and I have zero rights to take anything with me.

I depends on how the art is created. If he was a government employee at the time, then his copyright is automatically assumed by the government. If he was a private person creating the art on a government vehicle, then he can own the copyright to that art. In exactly the same way, Shane Medder (flygirlpainter) owns the copyright to all the art she paints on Navy and Marine birds, not NAVAIR, and it's proper to ask her permission to put decals of her work on a sheet.