1/48 Zvezda Mi-24V with a lot of extras

Hello, this is my first post on this forum.  Long time visitor, first time posting.

I am working on the 1/48 Zvezda MI-24V with a lot of extras.  I have several Reskit sets, a 3D decal set for the missing rivets, mask and markings for a Czech bird.

This is my first experience with Reskit.  I have to say, I really like their stuff.  The detail is outstanding and the resin is fairly easy to work with.  Easy to remove from the pour stubs.  My only complaint would be the photo-etch.  It is a little thick and is hard to shape into what is needed/wanted, even with annealing.  Oh well, I can make it work, or find a work around.

CBS_0079.thumb.JPG.78dc0011456e4d9f8adef6dbad97c3ff.JPG

The main rotor mast difference between Reskit (left) and the kit part (right)

CBS_0097.thumb.JPG.8b1c77609bee65735d2f244c106217b7.JPG

The rear bench seat.  I had to replace the photo-etch straps with tape and the PE was just to difficult to shape properly.  I just cut the straps and used the buckles and attachment points.

CBS_0117.thumb.JPG.9b4ae0c092f286016bfedb8e6fe9b512.JPG

The cockpit area.  I am using the Reskit set that came with Quinta Studios Decals. Yet another amazing product, these really make a cockpit come to life!  The pilot seat has yet to be painted.  I had a little trouble with the PE on this, but I got it to work.

Thanks for looking, I will try and keep this up to date!

G'day,

Looks lovely, definitely a huge jump in the amount of detail present.

I thought that the later Hind variants with black cockpits had corresponding black instrument and switch panels but it looks like you have painted the cockpit black and used the blue panels?

I have the Zvesda kit and looking at the picture of the resin gearbox it looks like it will be a very tight fit as the kit supplied assembly is a very snug fit, do you intend to display the rotor access panels open?

cheers,

Pappy

Edited by Pappy121

Yes, I plan on opening up the access panels.

Some of my reference materials show cockpits painted overall black with the greenish panels.  Thats what I went with.

Image1.thumb.jpg.4d26e9dab1c2be511b6452c3175ec66e.jpg

From the Wings and Wheels Publications Hind in Detail book

Image2.thumb.jpg.d9fd0886ec523cfda08277d009634ea3.jpg

Also from the Wings and Wheels Publications Hind in Detail book

Most of the shots of cockpits I have seen have way more black than green.  Its almost only the panel faces that are green, everything else is black.