Hasegawa 1/48 P-40E

My progress on a Hasegawa 1/48 P-40E.   It's for an OOB group build with the exception of seatbelts.  I opted to spray the roundels and I'll also mask and spray a few of the markings.  

I did some multi-layer hairspray chipping, I should have waited longer for the MRP to be harder to chip.  

It's a nice kit, the interior is pretty good, since they did multiple versions of the P-40 there are some modular parts that lead to some seams where there shouldn't be seams, notably where the tail attaches and the rear canopy.   They weren't too bad but took some work to get blended in to my satisfaction.  

amn8MLwh.jpg?1

COGvAW8h.jpg

M2bLdSlh.jpg

w6OcRZbh.jpg

wlsJydZh.jpg

F1ManMMh.jpgcDsyYzEh.jpg

Edited by nspreitler
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/2/2022 at 2:34 PM, AD-4N said:

Absolutely love it.  Tell me how you got that zinc chromate effect?  Please?  Photos?  

The zinc chromate is multilayered chipping.   I painted the aluminum applied hairspray then the zinc chromate and more hairspray then the top coat.   Then with water and a stiff paint brush removed paint to show the chromate and aluminum.