Tamiya 1:48 F-16C, 421st TFS Desert Storm

Just starting the thread for my current build.  Am using the Tamiya F-16 Aggressor boxing to build a Block 40 jet of the 421st TFS in Desert Storm.  Just doing the basic assembly at the moment.

07IpWo2.jpg

Not building this particular jet, but will look similar:

88-0432_1.jpg (1024×672) (dstorm.eu)

Edited by Benner
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much new to see, gotta rescribe some panel lines and then it's ready to paint in few days..  The fin is dry-fitted.

working on the bombs at the moment, they are cluster bombs purchased from Shawn Hull's line.  Will be using Hasegawa AIM-9 missiles to match all my other DS builds.  The LANTIRN pod and ALQ-131 will also be from Hasegawa.  The Tamiya F-16N boxing unfortunately doesn't include TER; DonG graciously donated a couple.

another problem I haven't worked around is getting the proper markings on the fuel tanks.  Will need the red circles and underside markings carried at the time, also not supplied in the F-16N boxing

N6igvdt.jpg

• 9 months later...

slow progress, had decided to finish a Gr1 Tornado before this.

Will be working on the weapons and such next.  I think i'll put on CBU-58 instead and save the CBU-87 bombs for a 614th TFS build.

e5eDOxb.jpg

Edited by Benner
  • Benner changed the title to Tamiya 1:48 F-16C, 421st TFS Desert Storm

almost there, mostly putting on RBF tags at this point.  Then putting on the last missile, a HUD part, and boarding ladder.

had accidentally put on a decal on the fin backwards, successfully corrected it after peeling the decal off.

XXALUte.jpg