Assuming this may be the one and only 1/72 aviator you need, Reedoak is probably the top of the line available (based on photos, I do not have any in hand).

PJ Productions also does a variety of well-made resin crew figures from varied eras and nationalities:

https://www.pj-production.be/en/7-figures-1-72

"Best value" I've seen by far for aftermarket crew in God's Own Scale is the Revell AG set from 2012 - about a dozen seated pilots per set, plus more standing figures. Sadly OOP but being injection molded plastic rather than the soft vinyl seen in sets from ESCI, Italeri, et al, I expect these will be re-released at some point:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-02402-nato-pilots--139893#

Lastly, if you're not quite as picky about detail, all of Hasegawa's 1:72 legacy 2nd generation Legacy Hornet (C/D models) include two seated pilot figures per box. They differ from each other, one having been added when the sprues for the C/D-specific parts were added, but since you're working on a single-seater that's obviously not an issue. Gear depicted is not to the latest standard, but between the scale and the fidelity of detail that may not be an issue for you. Since even the C kits include two pilots, there ought to be plenty available if you post a request in the spares box forum.

6 hours ago, kg4kpg said:

Would a kit pilot work Erik? I think I have some at home that may work. Heads are separate I think, with a couple different helmets. Don’t recall what kit they came from but I’ll get a pic this evening. 

chris

Chris,

That would be great. I am not picky at all. I just want to put a pilot in my cockpit. 

Erik

Two sprues to choose from. First has one dude. No clue what aircraft he’s dressed for. 

Other set has two guys. Same thing, not sure what kit they came from. You’re welcome to either, or all if you want them. Just pm me your email mail. 

Chris

6CDB2AFF-247D-4B78-95C9-83B856E58BF3.jpeg

8F459E90-627B-4C6E-88C3-C933C7D8BC93.jpeg

6 hours ago, kg4kpg said:

Two sprues to choose from. First has one dude. No clue what aircraft he’s dressed for. 

Other set has two guys. Same thing, not sure what kit they came from. You’re welcome to either, or all if you want them. Just pm me your email mail. 

Chris

6CDB2AFF-247D-4B78-95C9-83B856E58BF3.jpeg

8F459E90-627B-4C6E-88C3-C933C7D8BC93.jpeg

Hi Chris,

The top pilot is from one of the older Hasegawa kits while the bottom two are from the Fujimi kits.

If you have some more of the Fujimi pilots to trade/sell, I would be very interested in some.

WARDOG