(2022 F-16 Group Build) Italeri 1/48 F-16ADF

Two steps forward, one step backwards. I was short of tape and purchased a role of Kamoi Tape, bad move as it's too thin and paint bled through on a number of areas, have to repaint the outer ventral fins, and the left side of the intake.  😞 You can see the splatter on the trailing edge. 

Lesson learned, stick with Tamiya tape.

2022-06-21_01-32-45

• 2 weeks later...

Painted, with another small touch up area.

2022-07-03_11-51-07

And yes, the demarcation line between colors was vertical, and not the curved line on subsequent paint schemes.

2022-07-03_11-51-26

• 2 weeks later...

hello, what serial does the instrusctions say the 191st decal belongs to?

there werent many yellow tails in that squadron in 1992, and so far i only had tracked 719 and 82-1026 (the squadron two seater) as yellow tails, with the tub being the squadron aircraft (marked 171FS)

im working a similar but different project, all the ADF squadrons in the early 90s. and for a flight sim rather than plastic kit (please dont hold that against me!)

img00058.thumb.JPG.70d755feec423e83d688075100bf4588.JPG

img00057.thumb.JPG.977f010cf70c3bc185a4e48d82db5448.JPG

i knew that. i was wondering what bird carried 191st markings or when 1026 carried them.

the pics i've seen both have her marked 171FS. Estimating earliest late 91 early 92 by the grey ejection triangles, both no dates listed on f16.net. different site shows her at Ontario in may 95 same markings

82-1026 171FS unk.jpg

7 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

i knew that. i was wondering what bird carried 191st markings or when 1026 carried them.

the pics i've seen both have her marked 171FS. Estimating earliest late 91 early 92 by the grey ejection triangles, both no dates listed on f16.net. different site shows her at Ontario in may 95 same markings

82-1026 171FS unk.jpg

That's the family model I'm planning on building in my contribution to the group build..BTW Da SWO, let me know if the deal falls through with you backup deal, I can offer a spare if needed from my EC decal sheet.

Edited by B-ONE27
19 hours ago, B-ONE27 said:

That's the family model I'm planning on building in my contribution to the group build..BTW Da SWO, let me know if the deal falls through with you backup deal, I can offer a spare if needed from my EC decal sheet.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 6:48 PM, daddyairplanes said:

ok, thats really wierd, since the 171st didnt get F-16s until 1900. they were flying F-4s in 1985

I'll get a link for you.  Former C/C has most (all) of the 171st FIS tail numbers on his blog.

1 hour ago, daddyairplanes said:

It would be appreciated. And I meant to post 1990, not 1900. Not even the BUFFs are so old as to be flying before the Wright Brothers...

Here's his blog.  Not a lot of F-16 data, you'll have to contact him.

On 7/15/2022 at 7:22 PM, B-ONE27 said:

I used three of the splitter decals to get one in-place.  I have three left, so I should be good.

That will be the final decal.

Won't get much done this week as I am catching up on all my work I missed while in Omaha.  Final decal and dull coat is my (weak) goal for the week.

By the way, I was there and I remember these birds. My Dad was an air traffic controller at Selfridge until '95. One of the guys in the other squadron (the 127th), Maj. Tom Takai, was an active member of IPMS Warren. It was a great time there in Michigan.

4 hours ago, Chriss7607 said:

By the way, I was there and I remember these birds. My Dad was an air traffic controller at Selfridge until '95. One of the guys in the other squadron (the 127th), Maj. Tom Takai, was an active member of IPMS Warren. It was a great time there in Michigan.

I got there in 98, after the 16's were traded in for 130's.  Good time.

4 hours ago, Da SWO said:

I got there in 98, after the 16's were traded in for 130's.  Good time.

I still remember it all well. The off-base housing (Sebille Manor) is long gone. Did you ever get to check out Land, Sea, and Air Hobbies off of Dequindre and Old Guard over by the GM Plant? And I almost forgot about War Eagle off of Gratiot..

Edited by Chriss7607
15 hours ago, Chriss7607 said:

I still remember it all well. The off-base housing (Sebille Manor) is long gone. Did you ever get to check out Land, Sea, and Air Hobbies off of Dequindre and Old Guard over by the GM Plant? And I almost forgot about War Eagle off of Gratiot..

Just War Eagle