(2022 F-16 Group Build) Italeri 1/48 F-16ADF

In a two steps forward, one step backwards trend right now.

Redoing the canopy and rear window(?), Landing gear was more of a challenge, Italeri illustrations really didn't give me good guidance; that, and shaky hands.  I am using the F-16 walk around book to see how the gear assembles.

Hope to make good progress this week.

2022-08-29_09-43-04

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo, built the main gear and attached to the fuselage, let it sit for 24 hrs.

Flipped it over and put it on the table to make sure wings were level.  The left main tire sagged out, and I didn't catch it.  Is there a semi-easy way to straiten the tire?

Canopy dry fit, there was a lot of flash on the rear,left arm.  I filed it away so the canopy could be glued in the closed position.

2022-09-05_04-45-08

I am finishing the centerline tank, then will add gear doors and nose gear followed by missiles and pitot tube.  I believe the end is in sight.

A lot of nit-noid stuff this week. Navigation lights were painted on, and I had to touch some other areas, and add a forgotten decal. Sparrows are done and drying as I type.  The patches for the display stand arrived, though one of them is suspect.

This is a used patch (evilbay find) that is worn enough to convince me it is original.

2022-09-24_02-29-04

This is another evilbay find, I am not convinced this is a used patch.  171FIS became the 171 AS and had a blue background.  I am reaching out to a former member to see if this is legit.  My base arrived from the UK too, so I should be good for next Saturday's Austin show.

2022-09-24_02-31-47