LF: Tamiya 1/32nd F-15 fuel tank

The kit only comes with one, but I'd like to do one under each wing. Does anyone have one that they'd be willing to sell or trade? I'm in the US, and would prefer to keep any transactions in the US as well. Thanks, Fred K.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I knew that there are some aftermarket sets available, but I really only need one tank, and it will be a cold day in hell before I pay $64 + shipping from Japan for two tanks. No thanks! Thanks for your input though. Regards, Fred.

• 2 weeks later...

This is how I'm doing it..(not completed).  I took two 1/32 drop tanks from the F/A-18 Academy kit and made one for the Eagle.  Not perfect (and a lot of filing and sanding) but good enough for my needs.

20220325_190755.jpg

7 hours ago, BrinsonMH said:

You might try eBay. I’ve bought several Tamiya sprues and there’s exactly the one you need listed now.

I hadn't thought of that. I did find one though. Thanks ;0) Fred

• 4 months later...

If you want to mix and match Tamiya tanks, be careful.  They introduced (slightly) corrected tanks in the F-15E Bunker Buster kit on the new sprue in that kit (while also keeping the single tank that is in the standard F-15E kit, as well and in the C and J kits).  If you want to hang two tanks, one under each wing, it’s best to use the same ones.  In other words, if you plan to use the old single tank, it’s best to get another of the same tank to pair with it.  If you want to use the new corrected tank from the Bunker Buster kit, then have both tanks be the new tank.  Don’t mix one new Bunker Buster with one old single tank.

This review talks a bit about the “new” Bunker Buster tanks.

http://kits.kitreview.com/f15ereviewdw_1.htm

Edited by Dave Williams

Thanks for your input everyone! I guess I should have updated this post..... My buddy Kent is building the exact same kit that I am and graciously donated his fuel tank to me. Thanks again, Fred.