2022 F-16 Group Build: F-16XL, XL-2

Going to try to do the Kinetic F-16XL and/or XL2 for the group build. 

Trying to relearn the pic stuff so I can get the kit pics up and officially logged in. 

175-C870-F-3-BC3-42-D8-8085-68-F41-DFD18

Hopefully this is the XL kit. 

Looks like I figured it out.  This is the Kinetic XL kit with lots of extras.  There are spare items from various Kinetic F-16 kits including large mouth intake, heavy landing gear sets, weapons, centerline fuel tank and 600 gal tanks from Has F-2 kit, resin cockpit, Quinta set for F-16, a spare Tamiya cockpit, and couple sets of CFTs. 

Theres also a Kinetic 2 place canopy and chunk of fuselage it fits to that I was going to graft onto this kit before the Kinetic 2 seat XL2 kit was released. I may still do that to this kit just because that was the original plan and the parts are there. 

I’m also going to toss into this thread the Kinetic F-16XL2 kit pic and hopefully get both done at some point so here’s the kit pic

B20-E5-B11-5-F96-45-A3-83-A7-71582-A276-

still bagged. 

The single seater has been washed and many parts removed from sprues. I actually started working on improving the fit of the wing join earlier this week. 

Edited by Gary F

No, Kfir paint guide is just something to set parts on. 
My current plan is an operational USAF scheme.  Although another idea came to mind recently and that would be what if Japan had gone with an XL development (instead of the larger wing Agile Falcon layout) for their F-2 project.  I test fitted an F-2B canopy to the XL2 and it fits nicely. Haven’t checked the windscreen fit yet though.  I do like the idea of a blue scheme XL2. 

Nice ideas for a WHIF, Gary. 
And a cool jet kit to build. Pity the kits were widely available. Come and go so fast, you have to pay with an organ to get one. 

Looking forward to seeing yours. The completed kit, not an organ 😉

-Jeff