Acrylic interior green paint

Revell Aqua makes one, brushes much nicer than Vallejo! If you’re feeling adventurous, you can order some Pactra from Poland, it’s still made there. It also brushes really nicely. I use both, I hate, hate, hate Vallejo for brush work. I’m eager to try the new Hataka blue line. They make a nice water base acrylic that I’ve heard brushes really well too! I do miss Polly Scale!

On 3/3/2022 at 6:37 PM, Alex.B said:

If you mean a true water based acrylic, Vallejo makes it in their Model Air range.

Code is 71.010

You know acrylic doesnt mean water right?
Aqua is water. Acrylic would better be called a resin paint whose carrier medium has some water in it.

"True acrylic" does make me laugh in the same was an a car mechanic who cant fix a car you take to him does.

You know Alex didn’t say acrylic was water, he said water based acrylic. Water is the carrier/vehicle for the acrylic polymer and pigment. 

“People who can’t read” make me sad….

5 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

You know acrylic doesnt mean water right?
Aqua is water. Acrylic would better be called a resin paint whose carrier medium has some water in it.

"True acrylic" does make me laugh in the same was an a car mechanic who cant fix a car you take to him does.

Yeah I know that ☺️, bad choice of wording.

Sorry Alex.B that was uncalled for on my part.

Its just that term really does something to me...

To be a "true acrylic" the carrier doesnt need to be water at all what-so-ever. The medium has water in it.

The pigment goes into the medium, the carrier carries the medium (and pigment) and allows it to be spread on the substrate more easily.

A paint is made of three parts not two.

On 3/3/2022 at 12:37 PM, Alex.B said:

a true water based acrylic

Ya know, that brings to mind ...

Maybe it is a bit ignorant on my part but I'm going to presume that the manufacturers of industrial paints and coatings do have at least a moderate understanding of their products,

"

Water-based acrylic paints are usually single-component direct to metal finishes or topcoats used where high gloss and color retention are desired. When applied over zinc primers, they offer excellent corrosion resistance. This type of industrial coating is typically single-package, easy to use and environmentally friendly, some are also prized for their quick-drying capabilities.

Various water-based acrylics excel as color-coding for handrails and piping, or for the striping on warehouse floors and parking lots. Other uses include structural steel, steel tanks, barges, refineries, petrochemical plants, power plants, transformers, railcars, pulp and paper mills, OEM coatings finishes and others, as recommended.

"

https://www.uscoatings.com/industrial-coating/acrylics-water-based-paint/

"

There are two predominant types of water-based acrylics. One-component acrylics, typically useful in light to medium industrial settings, dry into a strong, hard film. They are typically easier to apply than the other main type, two-component acrylics. These are usually composed of an acrylic plus an epoxy for improved chemical resistance properties, or an acrylic and a polyurethane for heightened abrasion resistance.

"

https://www.thomasindcoatings.com/water-based-acrylics/

Edited by southwestforests
On 3/5/2022 at 12:01 PM, dogsbody said:

Let me try this again!

This is what I have for WW2 RAF Interior Grey-green:

img

Now it works!

Chris

Nice list! I see you’ve got Citadel on there. Our local gaming shop just started carrying army painter and it brushes really well too. 

On 3/6/2022 at 2:30 AM, southwestforests said:

Ya know, that brings to mind ...

Maybe it is a bit ignorant on my part but I'm going to presume that the manufacturers of industrial paints and coatings do have at least a moderate understanding of their products,

"

Water-based acrylic paints are usually single-component direct to metal finishes or topcoats used where high gloss and color retention are desired. When applied over zinc primers, they offer excellent corrosion resistance. This type of industrial coating is typically single-package, easy to use and environmentally friendly, some are also prized for their quick-drying capabilities.

Various water-based acrylics excel as color-coding for handrails and piping, or for the striping on warehouse floors and parking lots. Other uses include structural steel, steel tanks, barges, refineries, petrochemical plants, power plants, transformers, railcars, pulp and paper mills, OEM coatings finishes and others, as recommended.

"

https://www.uscoatings.com/industrial-coating/acrylics-water-based-paint/

"

There are two predominant types of water-based acrylics. One-component acrylics, typically useful in light to medium industrial settings, dry into a strong, hard film. They are typically easier to apply than the other main type, two-component acrylics. These are usually composed of an acrylic plus an epoxy for improved chemical resistance properties, or an acrylic and a polyurethane for heightened abrasion resistance.

"

https://www.thomasindcoatings.com/water-based-acrylics/

They do indeed know their business and that text mirrors what I said above.

On 3/8/2022 at 11:56 AM, Charlie D. said:

Nice list! I see you’ve got Citadel on there. Our local gaming shop just started carrying army painter and it brushes really well too. 

Up here, where I live, there isn't a hobby shop. The closest one is a 5 hour drive south of here. All that's here for hobby supplies are a couple of gamer stores. One has a few kits sometimes and keeps a supply of Tamiya paint. The other one has the Citadel paint.

Such is life when you live On The Backside Of Beyond!

Chris